Carnival Hub App

SoMDGirl

Just off the Carnival Breeze and purchased the Hub App. It worked pretty well, with the exception of one day when I had to go to Guest Services because it was not working. They made a call to their IT Dept and it worked well the rest of the cruise. It's worth the five dollars!

There is no cost to download or use the Hub app. Just put your phone in airplane mode & connect to the ship's wifi. If you want to chat through the hub with other cruisers, you pay $5 per device. If you want to use social media, etc., you will need to purchase one of the internet packages. We've used the hub chat on a couple of cruises, but sometimes we didn't get messages right away. Not sure why unless you have to keep the app open perhaps.

Free to download and use the "HUB" app. You can check the funtimes right from your phone. No need to pay for the internet plans. The Chat app is a flat fee of 5.00 per device, and should allows group text messages. We tried it on the Elation 10-16/10-21. On 10-17, customer service refunded my group the 5.00 fee, since the feature was not working and they were aware of it.

One other note, it's best to download it before your cruise so you'll have it for the cruise. Can't do much with it until the cruise but there's a countdown timer that I find fun to look at periodically and shout 163 DAYS 20 HOURS AND 25 MINUTES UNTIL CRUISE TIME! (or whatever the count is at the time I look) My co-workers love when I do this.

To echo what others have said, and add a little more color around it.

• You do not have to purchase wifi internet access to use the HUB app on board, but you do have to connect to the ship's wifi.
  • Download and update the app before you leave, so you will have the latest version at your fingertips.
  • If you wish to use the chat feature, it is $5 per device for the entire cruise.
  • Leave the app open at all times. It will not receive messages unless the app is open. It can send notifications.

It is worth the $5 if you travel with other people as that way you can text each other on where to meet. I also love that it now has the dining room menus so you don't have to walk down there and see what is for dinner that night.

It was well worth it to us. Used it for the first time last Feb. on Splendor. I was able to keep in touch with my special needs dd29 while she was resting in the cabin and I was out for an hour or two. It was also the first time I have ever taken our phones out of the safe on a cruise!

One other note, it's best to download it before your cruise so you'll have it for the cruise. Can't do much with it until the cruise but there's a countdown timer that I find fun to look at periodically and shout 163 DAYS 20 HOURS AND 25 MINUTES UNTIL CRUISE TIME! (or whatever the count is at the time I look) My co-workers love when I do this.

I do the EXACT same thing!!!!!

I've started deleting the app and reinstalling it just before my next cruise. I had an instance where the hub app wouldn't connect to others for chat (kept getting a 'message not delivered' error). While still in cellphone range I downloaded the app again and it worked fine for the chat. Also had the app retain information from the previous cruise (such as Paradise info while on Fantasy), and again, reinstalling it fixed the problem.

I liked it. I didn't even look at the Fun Times because everything was on there!

Also the chat feature was worth the $5. You can easily search for other cruiser on the ship with you. It also tells you if they activated the chat feature or not.