Do Canadian passport holders require a completed I-94

tocanada

But the form itself states " This form must be completed by all persons except U.S. Citizens, returning resident aliens, aliens with immigrant visas, and Canadian Citizens visiting or in transit".

This is why I am confused.

• 2 weeks later...
But the form itself states " This form must be completed by all persons except .....Canadian Citizens visiting or in transit".

This is why I am confused.

Judging by your screen name I assume you are a Canadian citizen? And I assume when you arrive in Ft. Lauderdale, you will either just be visiting the US for a few days or heading immediately back to Canada, i.e. in transit? So unless that assumption is wrong, and you actually intend to disembark and remain in the US forever, I don't see where the confusion comes from. ???

Judging by your screen name I assume you are a Canadian citizen? And I assume when you arrive in Ft. Lauderdale, you will either just be visiting the US for a few days or heading immediately back to Canada, i.e. in transit? So unless that assumption is wrong, and you actually intend to disembark and remain in the US forever, I don't see where the confusion comes from. ???

Because other people here said they do need to fill it out, and so did Royal. No need to be rude.

@OP

That form isn't supposed to be required anymore (by anyone), but that hinges on Royal submitting passenger info to CBP ahead of time. Airlines use to hand out Customs Declaration forms for months, even though at locations that have the automated kiosks you don't need them. I'd still fill them out and keep it with me though, just in case, because I didn't want to need it for some reason and be sent to the back of the line.

I'd probably do the same with this. Fill it out, keep it with me, and if I don't need it, then I don't need it and just trash it at home.

Currently on Freedom transatlantic heading to Fort Lauderdale.

Just received a letter in our cabin stating that we have to complete this form.

I was on the same cruise. We ended up filling it in unnecessarily. They didn't need it as we were in transit. Better safe than sorry I guess, but it was a waste of time in the end.