Just off the Breakaway this morning - ask me anything

Asking for a friend who will be sailing on the Breakaway later this month and is new to cruising.

Do you get wifi on the ship? Yes

Is it free or do you have to pay for it? Yes

Thx much.

There are some packages, but don't remember what they were. I do know unlimited was $29 a day for the cruise.

Also there was just a great live posting with tons of info

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2556348

Thanks for offering answers to my ?s.

We are sailing on the Breakaway November 19. Would you tell me what Deck we embark onto? What is the earliest time we can embark the ship?

Is Vibe Beach Club worth the experience and how easy is it to purchase passes?

You enter the ship on Deck 7.

Earliest you'll get on the ship is probably 11:30, closer to 12:00 if you're not Platinum or in the Haven.

Never done Vibe. I don't think it would be worth it on a winter cruise, because the first and last days are usually chilly. They're not that easy to purchase because it's first come first served, and not a lot are sold.

Starboard side. Room was great. The balcony is stunningly large, and there's no overhang so you get an unadulterated sky view. Next time I'm on the BA it will be very hard to go back to the usual window ledge balcony.

What was your stateroom # with the extended balcony?

That said, people who grab food off the buffet with their bare hands and then eat off their plate while getting more food need to be thrown off the back of the ship.

Front of the ship

Let’s bring back keel hauling

A lesson learned and you get a show!

You enter the ship on Deck 7.

Earliest you'll get on the ship is probably 11:30, closer to 12:00 if you're not Platinum or in the Haven.

Never done Vibe. I don't think it would be worth it on a winter cruise, because the first and last days are usually chilly. They're not that easy to purchase because it's first come first served, and not a lot are sold.

If you've never done Vibe, I can't see what frame of reference you could use to state its worth...winter or summer cruise. FWIW, the fact that the passes aren't easy to purchase and the fact that there aren't that many sold is one of the BENEFITS of the Vibe. If passes were easy to come by and plentiful, people would just go to the public pool deck instead.

There's no need to provide that info.

Is there a need not to? You offer to answer questions for other posters ("Ask Me Anything"), but then you don't want to give answers. :confused: Perhaps the person is looking to see what cabin(s) you have direct experience with so they can see whether or not your perspective is relevant to their particular situation. Your cruise is over...keeping your cabin number a secret isn't necessary. Nobody is going to show up at the cabin looking for you.

If you've never done Vibe, I can't see what frame of reference you could use to state its worth...winter or summer cruise. FWIW, the fact that the passes aren't easy to purchase and the fact that there aren't that many sold is one of the BENEFITS of the Vibe. If passes were easy to come by and plentiful, people would just go to the public pool deck instead.

Is there a need not to? You offer to answer questions for other posters ("Ask Me Anything"), but then you don't want to give answers. :confused: Perhaps the person is looking to see what cabin(s) you have direct experience with so they can see whether or not your perspective is relevant to their particular situation. Your cruise is over...keeping your cabin number a secret isn't necessary. Nobody is going to show up at the cabin looking for you.

I had a starboard side M6 minisuite. There aren't that many of those rooms, and they're all pretty much the same.

SeaShark, how do you know my name?

LOL so true!

I sail on Breakaway Dec. 3 in an extended balcony mini-suite. Deck 8 forward port side. Where was yours? How was the balcony?

Also sailing BA Deck 8 mini - but just got upgraded to Haven. Can't wait - even with the revised itinerary. This is my 1st time on BA. Love that it's out of NY and not flying.

Did they have a laundry bag special, and what was the price? I'm headed for a 12 day so may need to do some

There was a special, I think it was $25. That is for one bag of laundry. Since it is a 12 day you might have a lot of clothes. There are a few tricks to get more clothes in the bag.

1. put one bag in another, makes the bag stronger

2. use duct tape to line the seams of the bag

3. bring a garbage bag from home and use it to line the paper bag.

4. Roll your clothes before putting in the bag.

using these hints you can get a lot of clothes in the bag :)

Did you notice what movies are available on demand in the room? Thank you.

I was on this cruise as well. There was a selection of about 20 movies. I remember: Spiderman, Cars, Smurfs, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Mummy, the Big Sick, The Beguiled, the recent King Kong movie, Baywatch.