Halloween on the Liberty 10/29 sailing...Picture heavy review!!!

mouche

I parked myself at the desk and said I will be there until someone showed up, and if they did not I would return to my cabin to get my pillow and blanket as I was ready to settle in for the night. Then the young man motion for me and said the phone was for me, it was my cabin mate stating that the service manager was finally there, I rushed back to the cabin and showed him how hitting the ceiling causes the dirt/ dust and maybe even mold to fall, and that was happening from people walking above also.

I could not believe it was the same manager who was at the front desk the whole time I was going back and forth, why didn't he just come over to talk to me. I was not ranting or raving, I learn a long time ago that, that solves nothing. I would have been firm with him though, but once I showed him everything, he said Ms.Claudette, come with me, hummm now he knows my name:rolleyes: We proceeded to deck 8 cabin 8416, he said he was sorry, made small talk about where I was from, then he made this grand gesture like, look at this, he pull back the curtain and said very proudly "your very own balcony".

I chuckle inside and thought really!!!, I was gracious though, I told him how I was grateful for the new room as any room would better than the last but I was not impressed by this balcony room as I have stayed in many. I told him I would have been more impressed had he not had me wait for hours to be seen. I then turned things around and told him again I did appreciate this gesture, but then it hit me, we were under the lido deck and we all know what that can mean. I did not care at this point as anything was better than crap falling on us while we slept.

So he told us to pack up and someone would be there in 40 min to move us, we were all packed and ready to go and the guy came with the cart to move us, he ask where we were moving to, :confused: at the time I could not remember the cabin #, so off he went to find out, never to be seen again, it seems people keep disappearing on us, we had to laugh at this point, this was so unreal. Finally the service manager came back and with no cart WE moved our luggage to cabin 8416. Wow, what a day!!! I went to bed.

Edited by mouche

So let's just get all of the bad stuff about this trip out of the way, because we ended up having a really awesome time and the rest of my review will be mostly pictures of the ship and Halloween night. I understand that my experience may not be what others experienced on this same sailing and this is the first time I have ever experience anything like this on any Carnival ship. The pic below is a picture of the lamp in our new balcony cabin room, the water in the bathroom sink barely trickled out and many other little things that I have never seen on any ship.

image.jpg

In my opinion, the Carnival Liberty needs to be upgraded/refurbish, especially in their staterooms, the main areas of the ship are just fine. I heard countless complaints during my many visits to guest service, things like...

no power in the cabin

no hot water

bathroom flooded

exposed wires from lamp near bed

no air in cabin

They really need help in their customer service dep't and yes the food in the MDR is hit and miss, did we starve, nope, but I have experience much better from other ships. Also some of the staff seemed overworked, not the friendliness that I have been accustomed to. I thought at one point, had the Liberty become a training ship for staff and that would explain it.

Then there was the banging on the lido deck from them working on the steps and it was not a pretty sight, now did we not have fun on the lido, sure we did, once the banging stopped. This is a picture of the lido deck steps.....

image.jpg

Okay y'all, enough of that, now on to the fun... WOO HOO!!! This was the first time that I have experience the Seafood Shack, it was AWESOME:D I had the fish and chips, the best thing I ate on this ship.

image.jpg

Sea day Brunch, this is what my BFF got, we all know this dish can be great, but hers wasn't, yes that is her steak and she had not even taken a bite. When she did, it was like a hockey puck, the whole dish was not edible. This was one of the misses.

ham159.jpg

Elegant night, I decided to try the duck, this is the first time I have not seen crispy skin on duck before, we all know how fatty duck can be, so the skin being crispy is important. It was also flavorless, a little salt and pepper could have helped. Also a miss:(

ham117.jpg

I didn't take that many food pictures, so now that I've gotten those out of the way, I will say that the BBQ place was tasty as well, the pulled pork was outstanding as well as the mac and cheese. Don't miss it, it is above the buffet area.

The Blue Iguana is also a hit, people seemed to love it, with so much food to choose from I didn't get to try it on this ship, but it looked so good.

The buffet choices were so so, seems like they know how to turn the night before MDR leftovers into new dishes for the buffet, hey nothing wrong with that as long as it's tasty. I do it all the time for my husband and myself at home.

Room service was on point, they were prompt, fast and friendly

The deli never seemed crowed to me, nor the sushi spot.

Did not try the wok place either, I'm not really a fan of it on any ship, it's just ok to me.

The chocolate buffet was awesome, a lot of chocolate cakes without the fruity mixes, just straight up chocolates. (just the way I like it) lol...

The pizza was amazing, short lines every now and then but it was really good.

The bartenders treated us well, (shout out to Stanley at the aft pool bar) he is awesome as well as the guys at the Iguana bar on the lido deck.

To add to your issues with the rooms, we had a balcony room for 4, and the shower drain backed up every day despite someone coming to look at it multiple times (got to the point that when we were showering, we had to turn off water while soaping up, then turn back on to rinse off), and the guard on the pullman was very loose and I had to get maintenance in to tighten it up. I also noticed weird odors at various areas of the ship...it is hard to describe it. Wasn't overly strong, but it obviously wasn't pleasant.

Food was also hit or miss like you said.

Good review so far.

Random balcony pics, and yes, incase you are wondering we did from time to time experience rolling carts, bangs form above at all hours of the day and night, but it was still better that the cabin they moved us from.

ham113.jpg

That's my BFF enjoying the balcony

ham108.jpg

To add to your issues with the rooms, we had a balcony room for 4, and the shower drain backed up every day despite someone coming to look at it multiple times (got to the point that when we were showering, we had to turn off water while soaping up, then turn back on to rinse off), and the guard on the pullman was very loose and I had to get maintenance in to tighten it up. I also noticed weird odors at various areas of the ship...it is hard to describe it. Wasn't overly strong, but it obviously wasn't pleasant.

Food was also hit or miss like you said.

Good review so far.

We also had our shower fill up to the point of running over, but with all of our other issues I was tired of complaining. We did come across a odor one day but never notice it again, like you said not very strong.