Night of the Living Drunks: Our 2017 Halloween cruise aboard the Carnival Dream!

watermelonqueen99

I don't know W T F spotted dick is, but I hope they went to their doc to get some penicillin:

LOL, "spotted dick" is a pudding.

"Roly-poly" is also a pudding.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it! :D

(As a veteran of many a Rennaissance Faire pub-sing, you learn these archaic things. :) )

Thank you so much for the review.

Couple of questions,

1. Is the smoking area on Lido deck on port side or starboard side?

2. Seems like you are frequent in cozumel, do you have any recommendation for restaurant around the Port area for a good seafood platter that will not cost me a whole paycheck and actually taste good?

3. Have you ever visit Carlos and Charlie beach club which is right next door to paradise beach? If you did, how was your experience? I have 2 little kids so tequila line is not attractive to me but it also mean less kids in the restaurant as well as in the water.

Thank you

1. Smoking is only permitted on Deck 5 (port side) and Deck 11 (starboard).

2. Sorry, we don't eat seafood, so I can't help you there but I will say I don't recommend any of the restaurants right there in the shopping area, they are overpriced and mediocre food.

3. Never been there, but we have been to Nachi Cocom a couple of times and I highly recommend it. Quiet, good food, nice pool. Not a lot for the kids to do, though. Mr. Sanchos is a better option if you're traveling with kids.

Wish I could have been more help! Thanks for reading. :)

Oh man, I just noticed your next cruise will be on the Breeze and before we go on ours in October! Definitely gonna be keeping an eye out for your review when that happens-I laughed my butt off at your style and can't wait for the next one!

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it! Yep, we're coming for the Breeze, hope she's ready for us. Lol :D

Sunday, November 5th, 2017, Debarkation day Concluded:

Before we hit the road, I wanted to check out one of the cemeteries. I've always been fascinated with old cemeteries, so I was pretty excited. We made our way over to St. Louis Cemetery #2. It didn't disappoint:

24947204248_08280c27dc_k.jpg

24947196948_437b0b7848_k.jpg

27043431949_18419117a9_k.jpg

27043426119_bb41fe8280_k.jpg

23954724687_6a0c4d4d1d_k.jpg

37932985145_bcd9954a3c_k.jpg

It was just too hot to hang out here very long, so pretty soon we were on the road, Oklahoma bound. After what seemed like hours and hours on the road, I very emotionally asked C, complete with tears, if we could just find a hotel for the night and rest. He gave me side-eye and said we just passed the Superdome and had been on the road maybe 10 minutes. I pouted for awhile before finally speaking to him again. We ended up driving to Alexandria and stopping for the evening. We found a Wal-Mart and picked up a healthy dinner (Chicken in a Biskit crackers and Diet Coke), and found our hotel. We're Diamond with Wyndham, so I had booked this place cheap with points. Good thing, because it was falling apart and a little dirty. (IE, me at the end of the night.) The next morning, we ate some breakfast at the Cracker Barrel across the street from the hotel (it was nasty), and hit the road. We took turns driving, and had a smooth and uneventful trip home. I was confused when we walked through the door and there were people calling me mom, no bartenders, no room stewards, and no Guy's Burger Joint. My kids looked confused when I referred to them as "I Putu" and asked them to bring me a drink. That night, after our shower, we collapsed into bed from exhaustion. I fell asleep and dreamed that C and I had hidden in the whale tail during debark and embark, kidnapped 2 passengers, stole their S&S cards, and stayed on the Dream another week. I woke up kicking myself that we didn't think of that before we got off the ship. Maybe next time.

Ladies and gentlemen, that concludes my review of our Halloween 2017 cruise aboard the Carnival Dream. I sincerely thank each one of you who read this mess. I really enjoyed writing it, and while I hope I made you a laugh a time or two, I also hope it was in some way helpful to you. I want to wish all of you the happiest of holidays. May they be filled with lots of love, booze, and family you don't want to stab after 5 minutes of being around them. Please join me back here in the Spring, where I will review our week aboard the Carnival Breeze. (I know we swore off Galveston in my last review because of that pesky night 2 rule, but we wanna catch the Breeze before she leaves the Gulf. We're just gonna take a few hundred dollars out our kids' college funds to pay for that first night's alcohol.) Cheers!

Edited by watermelonqueen99

Coz......eff it, I can't even type it anymore:

And also Caroline Picard:

37864342155_782c42dac8_k.jpg

We saw Caroline Picard on a previous cruise, and she is, by far, the funniest woman comic we've seen on a Carnival cruise. One of those where you laugh so hard that you almost start choking.

OMG you are hiliarious. I decided to sit here at work and read it all at once instead of dozing off all day like i usually do. Great review. I look forward to more from you

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have another review on here of the Freedom, but the pics don't show up because of that evil entity known as Photobucket. Lol

Thank you so much for the review.

Couple of questions,

1. Is the smoking area on Lido deck on port side or starboard side?

2. Seems like you are frequent in cozumel, do you have any recommendation for restaurant around the Port area for a good seafood platter that will not cost me a whole paycheck and actually taste good?

3. Have you ever visit Carlos and Charlie beach club which is right next door to paradise beach? If you did, how was your experience? I have 2 little kids so tequila line is not attractive to me but it also mean less kids in the restaurant as well as in the water.

Thank you

Not really a seafood place as such but they serve a variety of food and it is right downtown by Los Cinco Soles -http://www.panchosbackyard.com a really nice place, I like it. Videos on youtube

Thank you so much for your review, your writing style, your adult beverage style, your great out of this world personality and for getting me so geared up for our Dream cruise in only 131 days. You have given so much onsite to the ship that I feel like I have been on her already. Like many others, I would love to be on a cruise with you - you just want to have fun and share that with others.

Thank you

Sunday, November 5th, 2017, Debarkation day Concluded:

Before we hit the road, I wanted to check out one of the cemeteries. I've always been fascinated with old cemeteries, so I was pretty excited. We made our way over to St. Louis Cemetery #2. It didn't disappoint:

24947204248_08280c27dc_k.jpg

24947196948_437b0b7848_k.jpg

27043431949_18419117a9_k.jpg

27043426119_bb41fe8280_k.jpg

23954724687_6a0c4d4d1d_k.jpg

37932985145_bcd9954a3c_k.jpg

It was just too hot to hang out here very long, so pretty soon we were on the road, Oklahoma bound. After what seemed like hours and hours on the road, I very emotionally asked C, complete with tears, if we could just find a hotel for the night and rest. He gave me side-eye and said we just passed the Superdome and had been on the road maybe 10 minutes. I pouted for awhile before finally speaking to him again. We ended up driving to Alexandria and stopping for the evening. We found a Wal-Mart and picked up a healthy dinner (Chicken in a Biskit crackers and Diet Coke), and found our hotel. We're Diamond with Wyndham, so I had booked this place cheap with points. Good thing, because it was falling apart and a little dirty. (IE, me at the end of the night.) The next morning, we ate some breakfast at the Cracker Barrel across the street from the hotel (it was nasty), and hit the road. We took turns driving, and had a smooth and uneventful trip home. I was confused when we walked through the door and there were people calling me mom, no bartenders, no room stewards, and no Guy's Burger Joint. My kids looked confused when I referred to them as "I Putu" and asked them to bring me a drink. That night, after our shower, we collapsed into bed from exhaustion. I fell asleep and dreamed that C and I had hidden in the whale tail during debark and embark, kidnapped 2 passengers, stole their S&S cards, and stayed on the Dream another week. I woke up kicking myself that we didn't think of that before we got off the ship. Maybe next time.

Ladies and gentlemen, that concludes my review of our Halloween 2017 cruise aboard the Carnival Dream. I sincerely thank each one of you who read this mess. I really enjoyed writing it, and while I hope I made you a laugh a time or two, I also hope it was in some way helpful to you. I want to wish all of you the happiest of holidays. May they be filled with lots of love, booze, and family you don't want to stab after 5 minutes of being around them. Please join me back here in the Spring, where I will review our week aboard the Carnival Breeze. (I know we swore off Galveston in my last review because of that pesky night 2 rule, but we wanna catch the Breeze before she leaves the Gulf. We're just gonna take a few hundred dollars out our kids' college funds to pay for that first night's alcohol.) Cheers!

Thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed your review, and I must add, if you get Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, nothing says fanncy dinner like a can off EZ Cheese to spray right on top.

Thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed your review, and I must add, if you get Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, nothing says fanncy dinner like a can off EZ Cheese to spray right on top.

You are so right, that really would have upped it to gourmet level! :D Thank you for reading, so glad you enjoyed it!

:D Yep! I really loved reading your review. I'm hooked, I'll be reading your ship adventures in the future! 6 of us are going to Galveston in February 2018, cruising on the Freedom.

BTW thank you for sharing the Cemetary photos. Used to read Ann Rice vampire books. One day I hope to have a land vacation here. But, it'll have to wait till my hubby retires. We always travel at the end of August, and that will just be too hot & muggy for New Orleans!:eek:

Thanks again,

Bobbi

Ew, I'm not eating anything called Spotted Dick. :'):'):')

"That's what she said."

Thanks for the great review, hope you enjoy the Breeze. We are going on her for the second time over NYE, the only ship to get a repeat visit from us.

Write it and they will come......lol

GREAT review and literary talent.

You're probably shy in real life- yes? hahahaha

You really should write a book, or a set of travel books, and then you could quit real work and travel all the time!

Helaine

Awww crap, we have to wait until you sail Breeze now? :') I have really enjoyed this one and yes, laughed my arse off and more than once. It won't be a cruise, but we'll be in New Orleans for about a week in May for a *classy* (lol, who am I kidding) 50th birthday celebration for one of our good friends with lots of booze and fun. We've already began training, but really don't need that much practice. I love those Christmas gift ideas, will have to look for those. Bourbon Street?

Thanks again for taking the time to do a review (you get great pictures too) and looking forward to following along on the next.