Check your cabin rates!

jordanaire

WORD of WARNING:

Be careful with those price drops, as I just spent time on the phone this morning salvaging our cruise which had been cancelled as we didn't pay the additional deposit after a price drop.

Original fare: had $50 OBC and $50 deposit per person.

Revised the fare several times, and got a price drop each time, with the new fare still offering $50/$50.

The last price drop I requested was not processed correctly. I submitted for a drop (with $50/50 as part of the offer), but the response from Carnival was to deny the drop on one cabin, and approve it on the 2nd cabin with a much lower price than I had found, which also included a "loss" of the OBC (but much lower price overall). I called Carnival, and they explained that they didn't know why one cabin was approved and the other was not, but they quickly approved both. And they said "CONGRATS--we found you an even lower price." Ok....

They neglected to tell me I needed to pay an additional $500 deposit, so I missed their deadline and the cruise was cancelled. Oddly, the revised cabin fare email that I got did not note that the additional deposit was due this week,. Rather, it had a 10/7 (original booking date) due date. So, I looked at that and thought I was good.

The good news is that the cabins were still available, and they quickly rebooked me. But, they did insist I pay the extra deposit. All is well. Just be careful.

CeleBrat

WORD of WARNING:

Be careful with those price drops, as I just spent time on the phone this morning salvaging our cruise which had been cancelled as we didn't pay the additional deposit after a price drop.

Original fare: had $50 OBC and $50 deposit per person.

Revised the fare several times, and got a price drop each time, with the new fare still offering $50/$50.

The last price drop I requested was not processed correctly. I submitted for a drop (with $50/50 as part of the offer), but the response from Carnival was to deny the drop on one cabin, and approve it on the 2nd cabin with a much lower price than I had found, which also included a "loss" of the OBC (but much lower price overall). I called Carnival, and they explained that they didn't know why one cabin was approved and the other was not, but they quickly approved both. And they said "CONGRATS--we found you an even lower price." Ok....

They neglected to tell me I needed to pay an additional $500 deposit, so I missed their deadline and the cruise was cancelled. Oddly, the revised cabin fare email that I got did not note that the additional deposit was due this week,. Rather, it had a 10/7 (original booking date) due date. So, I looked at that and thought I was good.

The good news is that the cabins were still available, and they quickly rebooked me. But, they did insist I pay the extra deposit. All is well. Just be careful.

CeleBrat

Exactly why it's best to call and make sure you ask if everything with your booking stays the same other than price drop.

If your category is sold out, no price drops right? I've been trying to use the Carnival Fare Viewer for the past few days, but keep getting an error message. I can't do a fake booking because the category is sold out.

That's correct, if your category is sold out on your sailing there are no price drops available.

I appreciate the heads up OP, my price only went down $20 but I got a $50 OBC :D

Cruises are dirt cheap out of San Juan for ALL cruise lines. Understandably so due to the unfortunate damage on the local islands. I think many people who might spend a extra week or a few extra days in San Juan are shying away due to island damage. Great deals at this time!!

Exactly why it's best to call and make sure you ask if everything with your booking stays the same other than price drop.

I did call, because I thought they had made an error. They did not share that there were any other changes to the booking, other than the loss of the $50 OBC and new waaaaaay lower price.

CeleBrat