Air Canada officially extends flight cancellations to and from San Juan til April

Russ Lomas

I just found out that Air Canada has cancelled all their flights to and from San Juan until late April. Up until a couple of days ago, they were cancelled up til December 15th only. If you plan on flying to or from San Juan with Air Canada before May, you will want to contact them ASAP to have them help you make alternative plans.

Air Canada is part of United Airlines "STAR ALLIANCE".

Check and see if United is picking up Air Canada's slack in that market.

Look for flights from Chicago Newark and Houston.

Other air carriers not in that alliance would be American with frequent service

from Miami Dallas New York Charlotte.

Delta from Atlanta New York.

These are not the ONLY options !

Air Canada is part of United Airlines "STAR ALLIANCE".

Check and see if United is picking up Air Canada's slack in that market.

Look for flights from Chicago Newark and Houston.

Other air carriers not in that alliance would be American with frequent service

from Miami Dallas New York Charlotte.

Delta from Atlanta New York.

These are not the ONLY options !

I was not saying that since Air Canada has cancelled THEIR flights to and from San Juan that other airlines were doing the same. I simply wanted people to be informed that Air Canada has cancelled their flights and if you contact them' date=' they will provide you options on the other airlines they work with. They offer us a United flight to Chicago, an hour and a half layover, then an Air Canada flight to Toronto. The other alternative they offered was a JetBlue flight to NY, an overnight layover in NYC, then an Air Canada flight the following day to Toronto. Air Canada is accommodating their currently booked passengers, but passengers need to be proactive and contact Air Canada to make these arrangements since as time passes, the options become more and more limited.

Lots of flights going out of Toronto and, connecting with airlines that are flying into San Juan. If you are in the GTA you can also fly out of Buffalo on Jet Blue.

Agreed. As I said above, there are lots of CONNECTING flights that will get you to San Juan and back on US airlines. Unfortunately, all the DIRECT flights are cancelled. Frustrating because I paid double for the direct flight and now I my only option it taking a layover, which I could have purchased for half the price I previously paid for my direct flight, but now that the flight is about 60 days out, the prices for the holiday period have skyrocketed, so getting a refund and making my own booking elsewhere is now out of the question.

We flew Buffalo to San Juan a few years ago, but Toronto had better deals this time around. It is not an option for us really since we fly Delta from Toronto and flying back to Buffalo would create an expensive situation for me to transport my family of six back to Toronto from Buffalo.