CURRENT UBP Rules

jcann4444

Do you find they will give you one or two drinks at a time. I know it’s always changing and was wondering what the current situation has been of late for recent cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many people have reported that as long as they see you and your significant other getting drinks for each other they have no problem giving you two at a time since they know you are on UBP.

That is correct. I learned something new, never noticed that before.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

I read it before our cruise last month. From a practical standpoint, they were often ringing 3 or 4 drinks on one card. The bartenders knew that DW, DSIL and DBIL all had the UBP and it wasn't unusual for them to grab one card for the whole round. It probably looked my brother-in-law and I were fish because ours were the cards most often used. ;)

Our last cruise was with 8 people, and if we ordered a round they'd ask for 2 cards. It wasn't uncommon to get 4 drinks at a time on one card, and this was throughout the ship. Not just at one bar, and not just when they were busy and trying to save time.

I intend to play butler for my Wife....wait hand and foot on her needs....would hate to have to make two trips when we both want a beverage
There may still be members of bar staff that cling to the "one drink per transaction" rule, but you can easily prepare yourself for this by making sure have both of your keycards with you when you go up to the bar. You shouldn't ever have to make two trips.

This is good news for me. I intend to play butler for my Wife....wait hand and foot on her needs....would hate to have to make two trips when we both want a beverage

Worst case scenario you simply take both cards with you.

I was just on 10/28-11/4 and never had an issue getting 1-4 drinks on one card. Only time the waiter hesitated was when we bought the guitarist a glass of wine...we had to get it for us and then give it to him. He was great, does a show in Cellars and Tobacco Road, gets the whole crowd singing along at times.