Cuba Excursions after November 2017?

LMaxwell

We booked our Cuba cruise PRIOR to June 2017, we are paid in full and set sail in a few weeks. I am trying to make heads or tails of this weeks changes from US Treasury dept as to restrictions in Cuba. It appears I can still make private tour arrangements since the cruise was booked prior to June; can anyone tell me if this is still the case, or otherwise assist me in adhering to proper policy?

Carry on as you were.

There are 10-12-million-plus people in the USA illegally. There is no wholesale effort to round them up.

There is a wholesale effort to stop drugs from coming into the USA. Lots of kilos come in every day regardless.

Unless/until all that gets sorted, no one's going to come knocking on your door because you booked a private tour in Cuba.

That's the assumption that I am getting and that is what I'm doing. I'm on the Dec 11 Sky sailing and not planning on making any changes. Booked this over a year ago.

I am on that sailing also. When you say that is what you are doing, do you mean continuing to book private tours since your cruise was booked before June? Or do you mean you are taking a ships tour?

Carry on as you were.

There are 10-12-million-plus people in the USA illegally. There is no wholesale effort to round them up.

There is a wholesale effort to stop drugs from coming into the USA. Lots of kilos come in every day regardless.

Unless/until all that gets sorted, no one's going to come knocking on your door because you booked a private tour in Cuba.

The first 240 years of the United States didn't seem to prepare us for the latest one.

The salient detail is that if you had made ANY confirmed actions to book your trip before the change, then the change doesn't apply to you & you're under the old rules.

Booked a flight? old rules

Booked a cruise past final payment? old rules.

Stephen

Unfortunately NCL hasn't updated it's websites Cuba FAQs to reflect the changes that went in effect Nov 9. RCL has the latest info up and there's a whole brouhaha on their board over how to interpret it. Hopefully NCL will update theirs soon. I would imagine it will be similar to what rcl is saying. Ive been offering my view on the rcl thread but I don't want to repeat that here in case NCL goes a different way.