Oasis first time

Poppy42

We're thinking of booking on the Oasis for next December - Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Martin. We generally hit the beach on the islands. After awhile all the islands look the same and we've been to many of them either on a cruise or at a resort. Some questions - 1) Do we have to make reservations for the nightly shows? If so, how far in advance? 2) What about other clubs? 3) We always take a balcony (8d) - are the large balcony rooms (2c) worth the extra money? Any other advice would be greatly appreicated.

You are not required to make reservations for shows, but having a reservation will ensure you have a seat and will allow you to enter the show venue much earlier than those without reservations to give you a better selection of seats. There is no set time for reservations to open, so keep checking. No reservations for any other clubs or bars.

In order to determine "worth", it would be helpful to know the total extra cost.

You are not required to make reservations for shows, but having a reservation will ensure you have a seat and will allow you to enter the show venue much earlier than those without reservations to give you a better selection of seats. There is no set time for reservations to open, so keep checking. No reservations for any other clubs or bars.

In order to determine "worth", it would be helpful to know the total extra cost.

Thanks for the quick response.

I would recommend making reservations and to plan your evenings. Just keep checking cruise planner a few months ahead of your cruise and make reservations as soon as they are available. You can always change them but this gives you most flexibility. Making reservations means that you don't have to wait in standby and endure that mad dash 10 mins before show starts. Also, slots available tend to disappear so best to make bookings early.

We were in a balcony on Allure a few years ago. It was a D1 or D2 category (can't remember) and we found it to be decent size and comfortable.

If you have MTD then either plan your meals to avoid peak periods or make sure you have reservations in place to avoid spending too much time in lines. The shows are at different times so you can see why this requires a bit of forward planning. More so than on other classes of ships.

We have been on Allure twice and Oasis once. So many areas of the ship to explore and experience. My favourite class in the RCL fleet.

I would recommend making reservations and to plan your evenings. Just keep checking cruise planner a few months ahead of your cruise and make reservations as soon as they are available. You can always change them but this gives you most flexibility. Making reservations means that you don't have to wait in standby and endure that mad dash 10 mins before show starts. Also, slots available tend to disappear so best to make bookings early.

We were in a balcony on Allure a few years ago. It was a D1 or D2 category (can't remember) and we found it to be decent size and comfortable.

If you have MTD then either plan your meals to avoid peak periods or make sure you have reservations in place to avoid spending too much time in lines. The shows are at different times so you can see why this requires a bit of forward planning. More so than on other classes of ships.

We have been on Allure twice and Oasis once. So many areas of the ship to explore and experience. My favourite class in the RCL fleet.

Thanks for the info.

We're thinking of booking on the Oasis for next December - Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Martin. We generally hit the beach on the islands. After awhile all the islands look the same and we've been to many of them either on a cruise or at a resort. Some questions - 1) Do we have to make reservations for the nightly shows? If so, how far in advance? 2) What about other clubs? 3) We always take a balcony (8d) - are the large balcony rooms (2c) worth the extra money? Any other advice would be greatly appreicated.

I believe 2C and 8D balconies are the same size, only the deck location is different. You need to decide which deck and area you prefer to determine if it's worth the upcharge.

As for reservations, the one show you MUST reserve is the Comedy Show if you want to go. It's a very small venue and fills up. Very few get in on standby. It's also worth reserving the other shows. The Aquashow is outdoor, so reserve it early in the cruise in case it gets cancelled for weather. Our reservations came open around 90 days out. Just keep checking your cruise on line. What I did was look at recent cruise compasses from the same cruise to get an idea when the shows are offered. Then I made dining reservations as soon as I could, and when the shows came open I had a "plan" to spread them out. Then I adjusted the dining reservations. Remember, nothing is in "stone." It can all be changed.