Decrease in price, increase in extras....do I have any options?

Jewellss

Hi everyone, I am traveling to celebrate my 50th birthday. I noticed that the price for our mini-suite has decreased and the extras have increased. Is there any options at this point as I have paid in full. I would have waited if I would have known. When I booked the NCL Rep indicated the price would not decrease? Any insight would be appreciated!

Hi, I'm sailing Escape 12/9 and last week (about 30 days out) my TA called and I was able to upgrade 2 categories for $700 total BUT I got an additional $300 OBC so a net cost of $400. I doubt they"ll give you money back but you might be able to get a nicer room for the same price and possibly some extra OBC. :D:D

Hi everyone, I am traveling to celebrate my 50th birthday. I noticed that the price for our mini-suite has decreased and the extras have increased. Is there any options at this point as I have paid in full. I would have waited if I would have known. When I booked the NCL Rep indicated the price would not decrease? Any insight would be appreciated!

When are you sailing?

Hi Jewellss:

A price drop of 100.00 pp happened last week on my cabin. I called and I had the option of upgrading to another room or getting OBC. I chose the OBC (At a lesser amount) because none of the available cabins that I could upgrade to interested me. This was well after final payment, as I sail in 3 weeks. I am constantly watching for price drops! :):) Happy cruising!

It’s just like buying airfare or a hotel etc. prices fluctuate all the time. Not sure why people get all bent out of shape when I️t happens on a cruise vs airfare etc. if you are prior to final payment, NCL will allow you to cancel/rebook. If you are after final payment, well, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am after final payment, I was able to call my TA, she called NCL and I was able to upgrade from an inside cabin to a mini suite for I think $500 more but I got $400 in obc and the dining package added.

Now the price dropped again and I tried to call but the only thing I could do was upgrade to the next category available which would cost $1000 more and I would then get free internet and the excursion package but no more obc. For that price I declined.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

To answer a few of your questions, I made the final payment by the deadline and actually called to inquire about the possibility of better offer/upcoming special as it was the end of the month. The agent was very clear that I had the best offer and there was no misunderstanding on my part. I do realize the agent may have said this to close the sale (as that is what they are paid to do) and it was my choice to finalize the payment.

Just for the record, I was just asking the question and "not bent out of shape". If I could not of afforded it, I would have not booked it. Saying that, I will make a call to see if there is anything is available. No harm in asking!

I'm in the same situation, price went down slightly but the perks are better for our 12/2 sailing. It's only about $80 after everything's said and done, and I probably wouldn't use the wifi because I like the disconnect that cruises allow me. I'd like the shore excursion credits, though.

Let me know if you have any luck.

The question is not whether you have paid in full, but whether you are at the date for final payment. If you are more than 90 days from sailing (120 if in a suite) call them and you can make adjustments.