Anyone ever done the Jewel Dunn's River Beach - Resort for a day?

kjpfmm

We will be stopping in Jamaica on January and I found the Jewel Dunn's River Beach experience via the "Resort for a day" website and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with:

1: purchasing from this website?

2: going to that resort?

Pros? Cons?? Any information is appreciated!

Thanks! :D

We will be stopping in Jamaica on January and I found the Jewel Dunn's River Beach experience via the "Resort for a day" website and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with:

1: purchasing from this website?

2: going to that resort?

Pros? Cons?? Any information is appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Had a great time at the resort. No problems with the website or the service. Go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were just there last month. It was very nice. The bus was actually outside the port area long before they said they would be to take us to the resort. Pool, beach and drinks were all good. We may even go back again next month. If you have at least 10 people from your ship doing the same resort, you can get a group discount from ResortforaDay. We did....we had 41 people do the resort last month from the Jade and it was not crowded at all.

Edited by peg013
typo

A few years ago, I visited one of the adult only Jewel hotels through Resorts for a Day. The bus from the Ocho Rios port was prompt, and I was amazed at how clean and orderly the road to the resort was.....unlike earlier trips to Ocho Rios. We had a mixed group on board, and families got off at the 1st Jewel resort while I and some other adults went another 10 minutes or so to our selection.

Food was good, beach was nice, didn't use the pool or alcoholic drinks. I've used Resort for a Day on several other islands, and while priced for the all inclusive drinking, I enjoyed all the trips I took with them. Never a problem with the web site, deposits, or travel arrangements. I got exactly what they offered.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone been here recently? I'm thinking of booking for my January cruise.

I was looking on Trip Adviser and the latest reviews

are not that good. Granted the reviews are for people that were staying at the resort for

a few days or so, not for just one day. My concern is what is being said about the beach.

I'm not really going to sit around a pool all day. I want to be on the beach and in the water

for the day. When some of the posts on TA mentioned the beach conditions the respond

from the resort was "The resort has been suffering from the climate change hazards, which has robbed us of our beach space. We are working with the environmental department to regain and sustain our island's beaches".

Has anyone been here recently? I'm thinking of booking for my January cruise.

I was looking on Trip Adviser and the latest reviews

are not that good. Granted the reviews are for people that were staying at the resort for

a few days or so, not for just one day. My concern is what is being said about the beach.

I'm not really going to sit around a pool all day. I want to be on the beach and in the water

for the day. When some of the posts on TA mentioned the beach conditions the respond

from the resort was "The resort has been suffering from the climate change hazards, which has robbed us of our beach space. We are working with the environmental department to regain and sustain our island's beaches".

As I stated above we were just there in November 2017. The beach is very small. We spent most of our time in or around the beautiful pool. So if you are looking for a large beautiful beach, this is the wrong beach. This is the whole beach in the photo. I don't remember any loungers down on the beach itself.

For some reason it won't upload my photo - trying again. Failed again. In any event the beach is tiny.