Wine carry on...

boowaaccaa

Can you still bring wine on board in your carry on? Do they allow for large bottles or boxes? I know they used to, but it' been awhile.

We are doing cheers but thought it might be nice to have some in our room for a late lazy night on the balcony.

Yes you can still carry on one 750ml (normal sized) bottle per passenger over the age of 21. Boxes and larger bottles have had varying reports, some ports/workers have let people bring on one larger sized bottle, others have reported having it taken away. So your best bet is to just follow the one 750ml bottle per adult rule.

If the sangria bottle looks like a normal wine bottle, you'll probably be alright. I got a one-liter box (or maybe carton at that size through) but I didn't realize it was one-liter when I bought it, I just liked the wine. We usually just play it safe and go with one standard bottle each.

Yes you can still carry on one 750ml (normal sized) bottle per passenger over the age of 21. Boxes and larger bottles have had varying reports, some ports/workers have let people bring on one larger sized bottle, others have reported having it taken away. So your best bet is to just follow the one 750ml bottle per adult rule.

While it isn't found in the actual policy, the "Q&A" on the liquor policy expressly allows boxed wine (within the 750ml per person limit). This is probably why there are varying reports. Somebody pulls out the policy only to find it is not in there...

I am with you, the best bet is to bring two 750 ml bottles.

Q. Can I bring on board a box of wine or wine coolers?

A. A 1.5 liter box of wine is permitted as long as it is brought on board between two adult guests in the same staterroom. Wine Coolers are permitted as long as the label reads 'Wine' and they do not exceed the limit.

I have a question for the board. A couple weeks ago, DW and I each brought a bottle of wine with us for the first time for our cruise out of Port Canaveral, and we were told by the porters that we had to carry it in our carry on and not checked because they (Carnival) would confiscate it.

Is this the policy of Carnival and does it work this way at other cruise terminals in addition to Port Canaveral? It wasn't a big deal at all, but we did have to dig into our checked luggage to take it out and put in our backpacks. Just for future knowledge so that we can have everything ready instead of digging in our luggage in the drop off area at the last minute.

I

Is this the policy of Carnival and does it work this way at other cruise terminals in addition to Port Canaveral? It wasn't a big deal at all, but we did have to dig into our checked luggage to take it out and put in our backpacks. Just for future knowledge so that we can have everything ready instead of digging in our luggage in the drop off area at the last minute.

It's Carnival's policy. Your allowed wine must be in a carry on.

I have a question for the board. A couple weeks ago, DW and I each brought a bottle of wine with us for the first time for our cruise out of Port Canaveral, and we were told by the porters that we had to carry it in our carry on and not checked because they (Carnival) would confiscate it.

It is very clearly stated in the policy that the wine and your allotment of non-alcoholic beverages must be carried on; itt is stated in the letter that you receive from Carnival prior to boarding; and it is also well (read "overly") discussed on these boards.

Be sure it clearly says "Wine". Newbie screeners can be easily confused :D

DH and I were each carrying on a bottle of "White Zinfandel Wine". Well, white zin is actually pink in color and the screener was just sooooo confused until a supervisor told her it was OK .... :D:bottle-pop::bottle-pop::eek: