I need to find an great excursion in Belize... we want to snorkel and enjoy the beac

cctkct2

• 2 weeks later...
We have been to Goffs Caye and just returned from Rendezvous Caye (can only book this one with Carnival) and the snorkeling there was AMAZING! I highly recommend!

Did you do the barrier reef snorkel and starfish island or snorkeling wonders of barrier reef?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you do the barrier reef snorkel and starfish island or snorkeling wonders of barrier reef?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The tour we booked was called snorkeling wonders of the barrier reef.

I've done the starfish island in the past (back when it was called Bannister Island and then was bought out).

• 1 month later...
The tour we booked was called snorkeling wonders of the barrier reef.

I've done the starfish island in the past (back when it was called Bannister Island and then was bought out).

Is there much shade on the island for someone that needs to stay our of the sun after snorkeling?

Also, what kind of boat took you to the island? was it a catamaran. Specifically is there a bathroom on the boat?

Is there much shade on the island for someone that needs to stay our of the sun after snorkeling?

Also, what kind of boat took you to the island? was it a catamaran. Specifically is there a bathroom on the boat?

Which are you referring to (Rendezvous, Goffs or Starfish Island)?

If you are referring to Rendezvous, yes they have really huge huts with tables/chairs under them. Shade would not be a problem. There are some palm trees on the island as well, not many, but some.

PB140901%20copy-M.jpg

PB140900%20copy-M.jpg

PB141251%20copy-M.jpg

Yes, there was a bathroom on the boat as well.

PB141133%20copy-M.jpg

PB141269%20copy-M.jpg

I was wondering the same - Rendezvous Caye or Starfish Island? I cannot swim but the rest of the family does. Only my husband has snorkeled. Two teenage daughters want to snorkel. Anyone have a preference?

Rendezvous Caye or Goffs Caye is a lot better than Starfish island. There's really not much snorkeling to do at Starfish (formally known as Bannister Island). It is a place where they had tons of starfish there out in the water at the beach but it was reported after someone new came along and purchased it, they quit allowing people to go out and snorkel on their own and had gathered the starfish up, put them in some type of holding tank along the beach in the water and allowed people to look at them. I don't know if it's still the same now or not but do remember a lot of complaints about this. They may have a separate stop for the snorkeling that is away from starfish island...I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
We have been to Goffs Caye and just returned from Rendezvous Caye (can only book this one with Carnival) and the snorkeling there was AMAZING! I highly recommend!

We are debating on going to either Goffs Cay, Caye Caulker or Rendezvous Caye. We want some shallow snorkeling, beach time and to site see a little.

We are debating on going to either Goffs Cay, Caye Caulker or Rendezvous Caye. We want some shallow snorkeling, beach time and to site see a little.

Well Goffs and Rendezvous are VERY small islands in the middle of the ocean...so no site seeing there. Both of them have awesome snorkeling.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked this after reading your review. Initially thought to do Coral Breezes- sharks etc again but this way we don't have the long tender process which is a headache and makes for a long day. It was nice once but I love the idea of starting the excursion from the ship. Thank you for all of the pictures, it really helped me decide!