Live from the Westerdam...

rocks

Hi Everyone! Especially you, Marie.

We had a GREAT day at Half Moon today. And I am SO proud to report that I went Para sailing!!! It was a little scary even though my DH went up with me but when I saw the beautiful island from up there, I was overcome with how wonderful it was to be up in the clouds looking down on it. I have wanted to do this for years and now I did! I can't wait to tell my son...he will be proud of his old mom!

The Westerdam is a beautiful ship & the only thing better then Z (so far) is that it has the new beds-which are GREAT! Also have run into some Crew friends from past cruisers. I just LOVE when that happens! They also have some cool computer classes about editing photos which I just might check out. Internet package can be used on their computers or my laptop...I don't think it was that way on the Z.

We ended up with one of our CC'ers (TidePride) at our table for diner-small world! Our official meeting is tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it.

Thats' all for now...will try to check back in later.

rocks

I've been anxiously awaiting your post. The boards have been up and down today, so your timing is good :).

I am so proud of you for parasailing. I wanted to last week, but chickened out. Your son WILL be proud.

It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Steve doesn't know it, but I am researching the Oosterdam for March. It will be a solo cruise, but my sis will meet me there, but have her own cabin. We have sailed together, and shared a cabin, and this will work much better.

I will be looking forward to your post's all week :).

Marie

Pat, like I have said many, many times. I am so jealous that your still afloat.....still feels like I am.

It was so nice meeting you as well as all of the other cc'ers. In fact I'm still chuckling about the meeting in the piano bar with our "Complainers". Marie, I know your laughing as well.

What a wonderful cruise, with wonderful people. Can't wait to do it again.

John:D

Hi Rocks!!! Good to hear from you! Glad your having a wonderful time! Looking forward to hearing all about the Westerdam too! Please say Hello to Tide for me, I too hope she is having the time of her life on her first cruise! I'm glad she got super tablemate hehehe :)

Wow, I am so afraid of heights I dont think I can do it so I'm really proud of you that you did it! WTG!!!

Blue skies and clam seas!

I hope you are having a wonderful cruise. Please give our regards to Dan :).

I am still waiting for a go from my sis, but I think we are very close to booking the Oosterdam for March. Steve knows and he is okay with it..he is such a gem.

Are you doing anything new this week that you didn't do last week? Is the Vista Class growing on you???

John: Yes, I did LOL when I read your post! We sure had a great group of CC'ers. Wish we could have spent more time with the group.

Marie

We had a GREAT sea day today. Also had our CC meeting in the Crows Nest at 4pm. HAL brought a bunch of hot snacks & had 2 BLDs taking care of us. That was real nice. Not everyone showed up, but quite a few. We even had an official sign put up for us & a little area closed off. No hotel manager-but that was OK. I thought it was real nice of them. The Crew is just GREAT!

GUESS what I got??? My first towel animal!! SO cute!

The Cruise staff seems a little more into activities..pool games, ect. then the Z. They also have the Superstars thing here too. Real good dancing band in the Crows Nest & I like the music a little better in the disco too.

Laura, where should I look for Tet or Eko? If I come across them, I sure will send your regards.

Ziggy, will tell TidePride you were asking about her...she seems to be having a good time.

Marie, sure hope you get to cruise with your Sis! I lost my only sister 2 yrs. ago & I always wanted to do a cruise with her. She was only 55 yrs. old. Hope you get to go. You are such a sweet person & deserve to cruise as much as you possibly can!

John, it was really GREAT meeting you too! I had told Dan about wearing his hat earlier (before we got on the ship) but when you came over to us after just getting on he didn't remember that & said his brain was working in over-drive wondering if he should have recognized you since you knew his name. You also are very sweet & hope you get to cruise as much as you can. How did your photos come out?

I AM getting used to these bigger ships! Our cabin is in the front of the ship this week (on the Z it was in the back) so that is throwing me off some, but at least I am starting to know where everything is.

Will try to check in again....rocks

PS: Ziggy, I was scared to death about para sailing-I can't even look over the railing on the ship b/c I'm afraid of heights-but now I'm looking forward to doing it again. I'm hooked!

PS: Ziggy, I was scared to death about para sailing-I can't even look over the railing on the ship b/c I'm afraid of heights-but now I'm looking forward to doing it again. I'm hooked!

Wow, that sounds like me! Our group cruise is trying to get me to try it at HMC, but gosh, its not easy LOL You are brave! :):):) Glad your having a good time!

Rocks, which cabin are you in? We were in the forward part of the ship as well, cabin 7012. Eko was our cabin steward. Tet is a waiter in the Pinnacle Grill. He was also our butler in the Turquoise Cabana.

That's great about your CC get together. We had a small one in the Crow's Nest also, but didn't get any type of service from the ship. It was fine though and we had a nice time chatting with one another.

I'm enjoying reading your on-going review. Keep it coming!

Laura

Hi Pat,

So glad you both are having a great time on that Dam ship! Went to Costco to get my slides today, and boooo, not yet in. Its funny, after this cruise Deedee said thats it. "No more antique camera. Your getting a new digital." Unfortunately it would take 15 megipixels to compare to the quality of a good slide film..

Spent today looking at a few deals out of LA in Mar. RC for $259. Just might take a stab at this one. I hate being ashore........

Keep us posted.

John:D

How fortunate you are to have Pat and Dan at your table. They are a very sweet couple, as I am sure you have discovered by now ;).

John - let me know when you get that March cruise booked :). I've cruised RCI, and had a good time. The only ship I would stay away from out of LA is the Monarch of the Seas. I have not personally sailed on her, but she seems to get consistent bad reviews on the board.

Marie

Hi Everyone!

OOOHHH boy...Work tomorrow! YIKES!!!

We had a WONDERFUL week on both the Z & W. Not sure if I will be able to decide which I one I liked better. I had learned the layout by the 2nd week, so I knew where I was going much better. I liked that the Westy had photo/computer classes & that I could purchase a plan & use it either on my laptop OR their computers. The Crew was GREAT on both ships.

Marie, I'm SO happy that you are cruising with your Sis!! I bet you will have a blast!

Hope you, DH & DS (should be DAHSS for dear, adorable, handsome, sweet son) had a safe drive home. Dan picked up a suitcase that looked JUST like mine, but when we got to the airport to check in I said "AAGGGHH thats not mine!" Back to the port we went & thankfully we found mine & returned the other & still made our flight. What a scare that was! But all turned out OK.

Will try to post more comparisons when I get my 'land-legs' back.

rocks

Yes, I'm having a wonderful time! We were in Ocho Rios today and had a wonderful time! Having rocks at our table has been an added bonus - and two@sea is in the cabin next to ours! How cool is that?

More later ... it's almost time for dinner!

Oh Tide, I'm so glad your have a good time! I bet your hooked on cruising now hehehe :)

Hi Everyone!

OOOHHH boy...Work tomorrow! YIKES!!!

We had a WONDERFUL week on both the Z & W. Not sure if I will be able to decide which I one I liked better. I had learned the layout by the 2nd week, so I knew where I was going much better. I liked that the Westy had photo/computer classes & that I could purchase a plan & use it either on my laptop OR their computers. The Crew was GREAT on both ships.

Marie, I'm SO happy that you are cruising with your Sis!! I bet you will have a blast!

Hope you, DH & DS (should be DAHSS for dear, adorable, handsome, sweet son) had a safe drive home. Dan picked up a suitcase that looked JUST like mine, but when we got to the airport to check in I said "AAGGGHH thats not mine!" Back to the port we went & thankfully we found mine & returned the other & still made our flight. What a scare that was! But all turned out OK.

Will try to post more comparisons when I get my 'land-legs' back.

rocks

Welcome Home Rocks and Tide! Get some rest and then lets see those pictures hehehe :)

Hi!

I'm pretty sure that the plan I purchased was $70.00 for 55 mins. I was told that I could also use it in our cabin, but that it was very much slower. So I didn't even try. I thought it was neat that I could use the minutes on my laptop or their computers. My airport card was slower then their connection on their computers, so I mainly used my laptop to dump my photos on & their computers to post & do e-mail. If you go over your 55 mins. they will allow you to continue at the per minute fee of your plan. I don't think there were any unlimited plans.

They had some good classes (some free; some were $20.00) I took one of the free ones & would have liked to take a few of the others, but timing wasn't right. The teacher said that this was something that HAL was trying & depending on response, they would consider it on other ships.

They also made an announcement that they would allow free time for anyone who wanted to print their boarding passes for their flights home. I took them up on that & that saved us some time at the airport.

rocks

Archived