Besides dining rooms, are there really only 2 free places to eat on Escape?

Hammergirl

Maybe this is why people generally give NCL higher marks over RCCL in the buffet. A perceived larger selection? It's a "smash them up into one location" vs. "break it out into several restaurants" approach. The end result is pretty much the same foods, but RCCL can advertise "more restaurants" and NCL can advertise "better food selection in the buffet?"

i like to have everything in the same location due to mobility issues. it is annoying going to restaurant to restaurant to get everything i want

I don't know if NCL buffets are 24 hours, but they are open pretty much all of the hours that I am out and about while onboard.

RCI buffets close early. After 9PM its pretty much the Cafe Promenade and the lousy pizza on RCI.

You can get your pizza, cookies and finger sandwiches,sandwiches in the buffet on NCL, along with other stuff like ice cream. To me, it's not about the number of venues, it's about the number of foods that are available.

well said...we just came off the Anthem and won't be back on RCCL anytime soon. While there were more "free" venues, the food was horrible. The pizza in sorrento's was blah, the cafe promenade was only coffee and very small snacks, the hot dog place was mediocre, there was no food near the pools, the solarium was just meh and the windjammer had the same thing pretty much every day. The main dining rooms were boring and at breakfast had 1/10th of what Norwegian has available on the menu. I'll take NCL free dining over RCCL any day. P.S. - on RCCL you can't even get ice cream but right by the pool, at weird times and someone else has to make it for you.

As for the paid restaurants, let's just say on RCCL in the Chops Grille, the "fillet mignon" definitely was not that (my husband called it faux lay mignon) and the "crab cakes" were made with artificial crab! Cagney's beats that hands down!

well said...we just came off the Anthem and won't be back on RCCL anytime soon. While there were more "free" venues, the food was horrible. The pizza in sorrento's was blah, the cafe promenade was only coffee and very small snacks, the hot dog place was mediocre, there was no food near the pools, the solarium was just meh and the windjammer had the same thing pretty much every day. The main dining rooms were boring and at breakfast had 1/10th of what Norwegian has available on the menu. I'll take NCL free dining over RCCL any day. P.S. - on RCCL you can't even get ice cream but right by the pool, at weird times and someone else has to make it for you.

As for the paid restaurants, let's just say on RCCL in the Chops Grille, the "fillet mignon" definitely was not that (my husband called it faux lay mignon) and the "crab cakes" were made with artificial crab! Cagney's beats that hands down!

Can I ask where the ice cream machines are on the Escape? Are they open at specific times? On the Oasis, there were a couple machines by the pool but the lines were always sooo long because they had such short hours they were open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree! The food choices were by far much better on NCL! You sure can't get a buffet until 11:30 with late night snacks, or a FULL MENU venue like O'Sheehan's on any RCCL ship! The food quality is also far superior on NCL!