Thermal Suite Views Breakaway for Sailaway

Red-Sol

Hi Folks,

We are sailing Breakaway for 14 days In February. We have purchased Thermal Suite Spa passes for the cruise (This will be our first time doing that)

I am wondering about possibly going there for Sailaway so my questions are: Will the spa even be open yet then? How are the views from there? Is it possible to easily see both sides? Anyone done this before and have an opinion?

TIA

Joe

Hi Folks,

We are sailing Breakaway for 14 days In February. We have purchased Thermal Suite Spa passes for the cruise (This will be our first time doing that)

I am wondering about possibly going there for Sailaway so my questions are: Will the spa even be open yet then? How are the views from there? Is it possible to easily see both sides? Anyone done this before and have an opinion?

TIA

Joe

Hi,

We did this once. It was a January sailing so it was quite dark outside. Coupled with the lighting in the spa, the reflection and fogging in the glass windows of the spa, it was hard to see much outside. So if its for the view, I would pick a different location. People recommend deck 8 outside areas such as the Maltings bar or around there, either side. Yes, it will be freezing cold, but worth the views.

Hi Folks,

TIA

Joe

Hey Joe

As I remember the views are pretty good, see my link. It will be open, they usually have an "Open House" boarding day. One thing to keep in mind........it will be pretty warm in there. So unless you change to shorts your going to be sweating.....

Unless its really cold and windy I'll be outside. Don't forget we will be leaving at 3pm so being dark won't be an issue

It has an open house the first day at least until muster. You can have a huge view both sides.

You could also book one of the OS or DOS one floor above for a similar view. Note that the rooms do leak noise between the OS and DOS though through the movable wall.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I think I will need two plans for sailaway. Plan "A" will be outside somewhere weather depending (In early February that could possibly be "not so good") Plan "B" would be to try the Spa for sailaway if outside conditions are really harsh (knowing there are potentially some viewing limitations and not able to take decent pictures from there)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Joe

It has an open house the first day at least until muster. You can have a huge view both sides.

You could also book one of the OS or DOS one floor above for a similar view. Note that the rooms do leak noise between the OS and DOS though through the movable wall.

If you are in any Havens, you could just go to the Havens sundeck. We went from muster directly to the Havens sundeck and pulled up a lounger,,, all bundled up.

The one issue is that the forward sundeck is a smoking area and there are inconsiderate people who will light-up in an area packed with people for sail away,,,, because they can.

Do you mind telling me what the thermal suite pass cost for a 14 day cruise? Thanks.

For us on the 14 day February Breakaway Cruise..passes were $299.00 each. Don't know if that is always the price or not. I am pretty sure 7 day cruises are around $199.00 each.

Joe

For us on the 14 day February Breakaway Cruise..passes were $299.00 each. Don't know if that is always the price or not. I am pretty sure 7 day cruises are around $199.00 each.

Joe

Thanks. I did pay $199 for a 7 day pass in October. I have a 13 day cruise booked next November and couldn't find the prices for the thermal spa. Wanted to know how much to plan for!

Thanks. I did pay $199 for a 7 day pass in October. I have a 13 day cruise booked next November and couldn't find the prices for the thermal spa. Wanted to know how much to plan for!

I think that you won't be able to see accurate prices..or actually purchase spa passes until somewhere around the 90 day mark for your cruise. Hopefully you are able to then! ;)

Joe

If you are in any Havens, you could just go to the Havens sundeck. We went from muster directly to the Havens sundeck and pulled up a lounger,,, all bundled up.

The one issue is that the forward sundeck is a smoking area and there are inconsiderate people who will light-up in an area packed with people for sail away,,,, because they can.

It’s the smoking section. If you can’t stand it in designated areas maybe best to stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk