B2B checkin second week

applehazar

we are on allure in Feb 2018 - can anyone tell me how the 2nd week checkin works and what about our luggage. we have different cabins for the second week - same jr suite just a different floor - thanks

You will be checked in automatically and receive your new SeaPass card either the night before or the morning of changeover. You will receive a letter in your stateroom a day or two before changeover with details.

Regarding luggage, you will need to pack up everything that is not hanging. The stateroom attendants will move your bags and hanging items to the new stateroom.

You will be checked in automatically and receive your new SeaPass card either the night before or the morning of changeover. You will receive a letter in your stateroom a day or two before changeover with details.

Regarding luggage, you will need to pack up everything that is not hanging. The stateroom attendants will move your bags and hanging items to the new stateroom.

Thank you very much Bob!

Thank you very much Bob!

You're welcome.

I also think it's a good idea to visit Guest Services about midway through the first cruise and confirm you are on the B2B list. This should help ensure that you do get the changeover day instructions.

Also, be sure to let your current cabin steward know that you will be doing the Back-to-Back and that you want to get your luggage/belongings to the new cabin. He/she MAY have info about it, but may not. I would not assume it happens automatically. I mentioned it to my cabin steward about 1/2 way thru the first cruise to ask him how it all worked and to make sure it was on track to go smoothly. He asked me to pack my bags and said I didn't have to pack the hanging clothes, but I chose to pack them anyway since I wasn't sure how they would be moved. I decided all my things packed in one big suitcase was better than having loose things hanging about. Even though I wasn't told to do so, I still put the baggage tag on my bags for week 2, just in case they got lost in the shuffle. At the end of the first week, my steward tracked down the steward for my second-week cruise and told him that I was doing the B2B and to expect my bags/belongings to show up early on transition day. We didn't want the new steward to be confused as to why bags were showing up in a room early on that day. I'm not really certain with of them actually moved my bags to the new cabin. In my case, B2B instructions that were left in my cabin a couple days prior to the transition day had all the B2B passengers gather in a lounge that morning. We were then taken to the gangway and processed "off" cruise 1. If we wanted, we could immediately go back "ON" the ship using our newly issued Seapass cards or we could go into town and do as we pleased and reboard later in the day. This was in Europe and several years ago, so some things may have changed, but the on-ship portion is probably the same. It all went smoothly.

Edited by MeHeartCruising