Transfer from Seward to Anchorage airport

ccarroll57

So we are arriving into Seward at 5 am next June after our cruise is done. Our flight out of Anchorage is 8 pm that evening. I looked into a one way rental to get us to the airport as I would like to spend the day touring around a bit before we leave as opposed to sitting in an airport.

Has anyone done anything differently like maybe use a touring company to pick up at port and drop at airport? I found one that offered that at about $150 pp.

Check out Alaska Cruise Transportation. Their website is alaskacruisetransfer.com.

They offer airport transfers with sightseeing options along the way. Prices are reasonable too. I booked them for our June 2018 cruise (Whittier to Anchorage but they do Seward also) and don't pay until January.

I consider it a big mistake to give "cost" a priority. You state nothing about the "tour" you found. What is included, would be a significant point.

Frankly- if you are interested in getting a car, then do so. Yep, will be a boatload of money- but- my time and experiences are far more valuable to me, than any "money". :) Determine what you would really like to accomplish with this short visit. A car offers a full day of touring, allowing you numerous activities and far better, makes superior use of your time.

We will be 6 people and booked a private transfer with pjstaxi.com at the end of our August 2018 cruise. Renee is a local resident who has a private charter business. We have a whole day to get to Anchorage, and are 3 adults and 3 kids. She is going to show us around Seward, will take us to see the salmon run (if they are), and has some other family friendly stops she plans on sharing. The cost for the whole transfer was only $500. Personal service, private transfer, and family friendly. MUCH less than using the train or a large bus transfer, plus more sightseeing, and the freedom to stop or not at will.