Anyone recently back from a Western Caribbean itinerary?

Seattle.Girl

We leave in 10 days and I notice the weather has been really stormy. Can someone who has been on a cruise to Cozumel, Belize, or Roatan in the past couple weeks tell me what that really looks like? Did it just pour rain all day, or did it clear up and have some good sun for a bit? All the weather app shows is a rainy thundercloud on most days. I’m at a loss for what to pack. I’m also concerned we will miss out on our excursions, but one thing at a time:).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the 7 day Western itinerary on the Magic in mid-October. The only port day on which we had heavy rain was Roatan, but that was mainly in the morning. Our excursion didn’t leave until 11:30, so fortunately the heavy rain had pretty much ended by then.

We were prepared for rain each day just in case...I had a few ponchos and a small umbrella in my backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stop looking at the weather reports, they always show rain everyday in the Caribbean.

I know. I went earlier this year to Eastern and it showed rain all the time and I can only recall one morning with any rain. I live in Seattle so I am in fear of cold, sad, all day dreary rain.

We leave in 10 days and I notice the weather has been really stormy. Can someone who has been on a cruise to Cozumel, Belize, or Roatan in the past couple weeks tell me what that really looks like? Did it just pour rain all day, or did it clear up and have some good sun for a bit? All the weather app shows is a rainy thundercloud on most days. I’m at a loss for what to pack. I’m also concerned we will miss out on our excursions, but one thing at a time:).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

So we also have never had really rainy weather this time of year on a cruise, however just did this western itinerary on the Magic (11/11/17-11/18/17) showing that kind of forecast the entire week. Of course you always go with a positive attitude and make the best but realistically it poured rain on 2 of our port days as well as intermittent showers the other 2. We had independent excursions booked and cancelled our day in Cozumel because it was a total wash-out where we were going. This was the one trip where I was glad to have independent excursions booked rather than ship excursions (no money lost). It was just a bad weather week for us and we spent a lot of time in the spa instead. One night it just started pouring down in the middle of a dive-in movie, everyone on pool deck took off running. Word of advice get a seat on second level undercover, lol. But maybe try to plan things that can be changed incase of really bad thunderstorms because I don't mind getting wet but strong winds and thunder aren't any fun. But good luck on your cruise, and also be sure and pack a pair of jeans or such for those cool nights out on deck (they come in handy).

We just got back from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Glory and the weather was amazing! Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman were hot and sunny. Roatan rained in morning for a couple hours but it did not stop our beach day. As a matter of fact, it was one of the highlights of our trip! We had a blast swimming and hanging out in the water under the floats while it poured. Luckily, we had rented a canopy so had our towels and stuff tucked under and stayed dry[emoji846]

It seems it can rain, even heavily, any given day in the Caribbean. Just a word of encouragement. On our cruise before last, we arrived at Roatan in the rain. We had raincoats, etc., so we put them on and trooped out to the bus to go to the Tabayana Beach Resort. Go to the beach in the rain? Well, we figured we were going to get wet, anyway, and worst case, we could enjoy some people watching, have lunch, and take a ride back to the ship. We got to the resort and went in the changing rooms. When we came back out, the rain had quit, the sun was breaking out, and it turned out to be a magnificent day. And all the people who had cancelled their beach excursion missed out.