Earliest flight time out of Vancouver

sailaway04

Depends on where you are flying to. If you look over on the West Coast Departures board (Vancouver isn't in Alaska), where this is discussed daily, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

you will see the recommended flights are after noon. Yes, you will have to go Immigration and Customs, (called "pre-clearance") if flying to the US. If you are flying domestically in Canada, you can probably book a little earlier flight.

Our flight would be direct to Wisconsin at 2pm looking. I was checking prices for the heck of it and was shocked flying home that economy was practically gone. So did a quick info gathering session with you great CC people. Thanks again for tge help.

Edited by sailaway04

Probably US as they mention Customs. I would not go before 12 or 1 pm.

I did see that, but thought if they had a connection within Canada, that might affect what time they could fly out of YVR because they wouldn't clear Customs at YVR if the connection was within Canada. :)

OP, good for you -- direct flight home (y)

Vancouver does have lots to explore as a bonus port for a few days.

Otherwise....

• enjoy your final breakfast with the crew
  • 9:30am walk off to search for luggage
  • 10:30am is the latest you want to be a cab or subway to the airport. Takes about 35 minutes.
  • 11am is the latest you want to arrive at the airport for your check-in, luggage, US customs, and complimentary searches
  • 2pm wheels up with dreams on returning as you didn't budget enough time in Vancouver.

Which day is your flight???? 3 ship days, especially early in the season, can be more chaotic.

We fly home on a Friday. I keep hearing that Vancouver is a beautiful city to explore but we are doing a land tour as well and I can't take more than 2 weeks off. But i hope to do the cruise part again and take advantage then.

When i saw there was an option for a direct flight home i jumped on it. Some of the layovers were 3 hours which makes for a super long day.