Questions Regarding MSC Seaside

TravelinGert

Questions and Answers so far:

1. Do you board on deck 5 where it says "Seaside Reception" by the Atrium bar?

2. I've read a lot about musical offerings on the ship including Latin, Opera, and such. Are these all being held in the Metropolitan Theater? If not what other locations should we be watching out for on our cruise?

3. Do we need to book our seats for the shows in the Metropolitan Theater or can we just show up provided we don't mind where we sit? I've read the shows are amazing and won awards so we're really hopeful we'll get to see all of them.

Answer so far: On another site, a person currently on the Seaside, mentions to book time at which we want to see the show. ~ Saphir

4. How were the lines for the zip line and water slides?

5. What was the first thing you did when you got on the ship?

6. How about some pictures of the menus from the MDR?

7. What about the comedy club? Tells us something about the acts and if you enjoyed them.

Answer: It's improv style and I've heard there are several shows a night. ~ Proseccoandsun

8. Confirmation the bar food in the Sports Bar is included at no extra charge? Additionally could we get a picture of the food menu?

9. Do they offer a package deal on the Seaside for the Bowling , simulator , and 4 D movies, where you pay a fee (it was $85 on the Divina ) per cabin for unlimited use of these attractions ?

Answer: I heard there will be a package for the bowling, 5-D cinema, etc. ~ Proseccoandsun

I also read there was a package somewhere but it may have just been speculation since they have it on Divinia.

10. What are the height or age requirements for the ziplines?

Answer:

Seaside Ziplines per MSC:

Height Restriction: Minimum 52in/130cm

Weight Minimum: 75lbs/35kg

Weight Maximum: 290lbs/130kg

11. What are the height or age requirements for the slides?

12. Could we see the non-alcoholic and coffee beverage menus, please?

13. Please post links to some pictures of the themed events and / or a list of themed events currently being held on the Seaside. Some of us like to bring costumes.

14. Are there any drink coupons available on board such as the 18 for $89?

Answer:

Spidybabe reports asking while aboard and being told no.

15. Is there a cigar bar?

16. What restaurants are included for the Black card dinners?

Answer:

gkbiiiii reports all but the Italian Steakhouse.

Please post your questions and any answers you have!

Thanks!

Update to the black card restaurants found here. Reportedly a call to CS yielded the following:

was assured you could got to ANY specialty restaurant & order what you want providing there is available space. He said that you have no priority if booked up ahead of time by paying guests no matter if in Yacht Club.

Questions and Answers so far:

2. I've read a lot about musical offerings on the ship including Latin, Opera, and such. Are these all being held in the Metropolitan Theater? If not what other locations should we be watching out for on our cruise?

3. Do we need to book our seats for the shows in the Metropolitan Theater or can we just show up provided we don't mind where we sit? I've read the shows are amazing and won awards so we're really hopeful we'll get to see all of them.

Answer so far: On another site, a person currently on the Seaside, mentions to book time at which we want to see the show. ~ Saphir

7. What about the comedy club? Tells us something about the acts and if you enjoyed them.

Answer: It's improv style and I've heard there are several shows a night. ~ Proseccoandsun

8. Confirmation the bar food in the Sports Bar is included at no extra charge? Additionally could we get a picture of the food menu?

9. Do they offer a package deal on the Seaside for the Bowling , simulator , and 4 D movies, where you pay a fee (it was $85 on the Divina ) per cabin for unlimited use of these attractions ?

Answer: I heard there will be a package for the bowling, 5-D cinema, etc. ~ Proseccoandsun

I also read there was a package somewhere but it may have just been speculation since they have it on Divinia.

Answer:

13. Please post links to some pictures of the themed events and / or a list of themed events currently being held on the Seaside. Some of us like to bring costumes.

Answer:

Spidybabe reports asking while aboard and being told no.

Answer:

gkbiiiii reports all but the Italian Steakhouse.

Also found this: Update to the black card restaurants found here. Reportedly a call to CS yielded the following:

was assured you could got to ANY specialty restaurant & order what you want providing there is available space. He said that you have no priority if booked up ahead of time by paying guests no matter if in Yacht Club.

17. How about menus for the specialty restaurants?

Answer: Found this thread.

Butcher's Cut

Ocean Cay

Chef Roy's Teppanyaki and Sushi

18. How much are the YC cabanas topside?

Answer:

This thread reports $149 on sea days and $99 on port days.

19. Is the Specialty Restaurant Trio available on board and how much?

Answer:

jmele999 who is on the ship now had this to report:

They told me about the $69 pp trio special. With the trio there seems to be some belief it is a set menu but no one I've seen has reported the menu.

Ocean cay is $40 pp which includes a 25% discount.

There is a $75 pp Chef’s table at Butcher’s cut.

Inital reports were CS line was telling folks the absence of the $69 trio from the website was a glitch IT was repairing but I have not seen it return yet. Anyone else want to weigh in on that?

Thanks!

Questions and Any Answers so far:

Answer:

Answer:

Spidybabe reports calling and asking an MSC CS and being told no.

Answer:

gkbiiiii reported all but the Italian Steakhouse but has since reported this was the case on the Divinia but may not be so on the Seaside. I called a while back and was told all specialty restaurants on the Seaside by an MSC CS but I have seen many other things said by a CS updated now the ship is sailing so YMMV on this. If any have direct reporting from on board please let us know.

Also found this: Update to the black card restaurants found here. Reportedly a call to CS yielded the following:

17. How about menus for the specialty restaurants?

Butcher's Cut

Ocean Cay

18. How much are the YC cabanas topside?

Answer:

19. Is the Specialty Restaurant Trio available on board and how much?

Answer:

jmele999 had this to report:

They told me about the $69 pp trio special. With the trio there seems to be some belief it is a set menu but no one I've seen has reported the menu.

Ocean cay is $40 pp which includes a 25% discount.

There is a $75 pp Chef’s table at Butcher’s cut.

20. Can we get details regarding under-3s baby care on Seaside? Is there evening care available?

Answer: From an MSC cruise news blog post in 2014:

The MSC BabyCare service -- which is available fleetwide -- allows parents who prebook to drop off their under-3s with trained carers from 1-2 p.m. (lunch) and from 6-7 p.m. (dinner) on sea days.

It is the latest kid-friendly move from MSC: in July, it launched MSC BabyTime which allows families to play with their children in the Mini Club at certain times during the day.

If posting an answer please cite your source. Are you on the ship or found it on a post from someone who was? Did you get it from a phone call to MSC CS line months ago?

Thanks!

For Black Card holders, what are the free meals available in the speciality restaurants? Most of the speciality restaurants seem to be a la carte, so what actually does the Black Card free meal mean?

There are sections of the menus listing "dining experience" selections which some have said are probably what black card holders receive but I have not seen an actual report from aboard ship. Some have been told on phone calls to MSC CS line anything on the menu for black card meals but I have not seen this confirmed as actually being the case on Seaside. Links to three specialty dining menus are in my most recent questions and answers post.

I would like to know where the smoking areas are so I can avoid them. I read on a social media site that smoking is allowed at the South Beach Pool at the AFT of the ship. That will ruin the entire experience for the 85% of the population that doesn't smoke. Why you would reserve a prime area on the ship for a nasty, unhealthy, disgusting habit is beyond me.

• Like 1

Don't know if in fact it's true or not, but would it not be par for the course for a line with a higher percentage of European clients where I believe the percentage of smokers is higher than the USA.

Fortunately we'll be up in the YC, unfortunately though baking in the sun because of a lack of umbrellas.

We won't escape smoke in the YC. They'll have one side of deck 19, and I was disappointed to see someone lighting up on the outside area ahead of the Top Sail Lounge on 16. I was hopig to bee be able to relax out there on port days.

Question: where are the "hot chocolate delights" and specialty coffees that are listed as included with the deluxe packages located? The only listing I see so far is at the Venchi cafes and are for fee, not included in packages.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Question: What Ice Cream is included in the all inclusive drink package (unsure about the correct namn) and where is it served?

I base this answer off other MSC ships so of course YMMV. On other MSC ships (mostly saw this on reviews of Divina) if you have the premium plan you can go to the specialty coffee and pastry restaurant or the ice cream place on the ship and have nearly anything you like as well as drink whatever you want aside from a very very few extra premium brands all across the ship. If you just have classic certain premium options mostly in the alcoholic category are an up charge and you only get ice cream in the form of a scoop in cup or cone. I do not know if the mini pastry are included in the classic plan.

Feel like I should add reports are on Divina there is ice milk and cones by the pool each day for everyone and ice cream is served in the MDR and even the buffet. None of the reports I read commented on the relative quality of this ice cream verses the gelato.

3. How were the lines for the zip line and water slides?

4. What was the first thing you did when you got on the ship?

5. How about some pictures of the menus from the MDR?

6. Confirmation the bar food in the Sports Bar is included at no extra charge? Additionally could we get a picture of the food menu?

7. What are the height or age requirements for the slides?

8. Could we see the non-alcoholic and coffee beverage menus, please? Also could we get confirmation as to where the ice cream and coffee drinks included on the drink plans are available?

Not Quite Answer: On Divina it has been reported the ice cream is the gelato but only in cup or cone on the classic plan and the coffee drinks are at the coffee cafe. Mini pastries are included in the premium plan on that ship as well no idea if they're on the classic. The menus still show prices for those who have to pay for them.

9. Please post links to some pictures of the themed events and / or a list of themed events currently being held on the Seaside. Some of us like to bring costumes.

10. Is there a cigar bar? If not where is smoking allowed?

11. Are there any drink coupons available on board such as the 18 for $89?

Answer:

Spidybabe reports calling and asking an MSC CS and being told no.

12. What restaurants are included for the Black card dinners?

Answer:

gkbiiiii reported all but the Italian Steakhouse but has since reported this was the case on the Divinia but may not be so on the Seaside. I called a while back and was told all specialty restaurants on the Seaside by an MSC CS but I have seen many other things said by a CS updated now the ship is sailing so YMMV on this. If any have direct reporting from on board please let us know.

13. How about menus for the specialty restaurants?

Butcher's Cut

Ocean Cay

14. How much are the YC cabanas topside?

Answer:

15. Is the Specialty Restaurant Trio available on board and how much?

Answer: jmele999 had this to report:

Ocean cay is $40 pp which includes a 25% discount. There is a $75 pp Chef’s table at Butcher’s cut.

16. Can we get details regarding under-3s baby care on Seaside? Is there evening care available?

Answer:

Link provided by Mycykfamilytime

You can scroll back to see it in Mycykfamilytime's post but I have just provided a link here in the interest of space.

17. Do they offer a package deal on the Seaside for the Bowling , simulator , and 4 D movies, where you pay a fee (it was $85 on the Divina ) per cabin for unlimited use of these attractions ?

18. What are the height or age requirements for the ziplines?

Answer:

19. What about the comedy club? Tells us something about the acts and if you enjoyed them.

20. Do we need to book our seats for the shows in the Metropolitan Theater or can we just show up provided we don't mind where we sit? I've read the shows are amazing and won awards so we're really hopeful we'll get to see all of them.

Answer: On another site a person currently on the Seaside mentions to book time at which we want to see the show. ~ Saphir

If posting an answer please cite your source. Are you on the ship or found it on a post from someone who was? Did you get it from a phone call to MSC CS line months ago?

Thanks!

3. How were the lines for the zip line and water slides?

4. What was the first thing you did when you got on the ship?

5. How about some pictures of the menus from the MDR?

6. Confirmation the bar food in the Sports Bar is included at no extra charge? Additionally could we get a picture of the food menu?

7. What are the height or age requirements for the slides?

8. Could we see the non-alcoholic and coffee beverage menus, please? Also could we get confirmation as to where the ice cream and coffee drinks included on the drink plans are available?

Not Quite Answer: On Divina it has been reported the ice cream is the gelato but only in cup or cone on the classic plan and the coffee drinks are at the coffee cafe. Mini pastries are included in the premium plan on that ship as well no idea if they're on the classic. The menus still show prices for those who have to pay for them.

9. Please post links to some pictures of the themed events and / or a list of themed events currently being held on the Seaside. Some of us like to bring costumes.

10. Is there a cigar bar? If not where is smoking allowed?

Answer: There have been reports the area near the South Beach pool in the aft of the ship in social media and JAGR reports seeing someone lighting up on the 16th floor outside area ahead of the Top Sail lounge as well as an area on floor 19 of the YC being a smoking area.

11. Are there any drink coupons available on board such as the 18 for $89?

Answer:

Spidybabe reports calling and asking an MSC CS and being told no. I've seen it reported elsewhere on CC MSC is getting rid of the drink coupons drink plan on all their ships.

12. What restaurants are included for the Black card dinners?

Answer:

13. How about menus for the specialty restaurants?

Butcher's Cut

Ocean Cay

14. How much are the YC cabanas topside?

Answer:

15. Is the Specialty Restaurant Trio available on board and how much?

Answer: jmele999 had this to report:

Ocean cay is $40 pp which includes a 25% discount. There is a $75 pp Chef’s table at Butcher’s cut.

16. Can we get details regarding under-3s baby care on Seaside? Is there evening care available?

Answer:

Link provided by Mycykfamilytime

You can scroll back to see it in Mycykfamilytime's post but I have just provided a link here in the interest of space.

17. Do they offer a package deal on the Seaside for the Bowling , simulator , and 4 D movies, where you pay a fee (it was $85 on the Divina ) per cabin for unlimited use of these attractions ?

18. What are the height or age requirements for the ziplines?

Answer:

19. What about the comedy club? Tells us something about the acts and if you enjoyed them.

20. Do we need to book our seats for the shows in the Metropolitan Theater or can we just show up provided we don't mind where we sit? I've read the shows are amazing and won awards so we're really hopeful we'll get to see all of them.

Answer: On another site a person currently on the Seaside mentions to book time at which we want to see the show. ~ Saphir

Thanks!

Would be delighted to have the answers to #5 and #6. I see the menus for the specialty restaurants, however nothing so far on the MDR menus.

Also, is there a charge for the food in the sports bar or is it complimentary? I !have seen one reply that said there is a fee, and another that said it is complimentary......clarification please if anyone really knows! Thank you so much......driving me crazy (which for me can be a slow walk!!) hahahahaha

Would be delighted to have the answers to #5 and #6. I see the menus for the specialty restaurants, however nothing so far on the MDR menus.

Also, is there a charge for the food in the sports bar or is it complimentary? I !have seen one reply that said there is a fee, and another that said it is complimentary......clarification please if anyone really knows! Thank you so much......driving me crazy (which for me can be a slow walk!!) hahahahaha

I've just been digging through the 2018/2019 brochure on MSC's website hopeful of coming up with any sort of answers relating to these or any of the other questions. Sadly I seem to just be coming up with every more questions. The brochure states there is a $12.50 per night table charge on all Caribbean sailings on page 212. Is this an additional charge on top of the per night cabin charge? Is it only charged if you dine in the MDR? I have to say I find the idea there is a charge per person to eat in the MDR of any sort quite outrageous.

I've just been digging through the 2018/2019 brochure on MSC's website hopeful of coming up with any sort of answers relating to these or any of the other questions. Sadly I seem to just be coming up with every more questions. The brochure states there is a $12.50 per night table charge on all Caribbean sailings on page 212. Is this an additional charge on top of the per night cabin charge? Is it only charged if you dine in the MDR? I have to say I find the idea there is a charge per person to eat in the MDR of any sort quite outrageous.

From the way I read it, the "Table" refers to a insert in a document that has various information contained in it - in this case the service charges...so I dont think its a charge for the use of a "Table" TravelinGert