Saturday night Uber from Disney resort to hotel in Cocoa Beach

kahliasmom

My daughter and I are going to Disney Jan 18-20, then sailing out of Port Canaveral on Oasis on Sunday Jan 21. What is the likelihood of getting an Uber driver to pick us up at our Disney hotel and bringing us to our hotel in Cocoa Beach about10pm-ish on a Saturday night? Thanks!

Ok. Thanks. The more I think about it the more I think I'm just going to drive from New York to Florida so I don't have all the hassle of trying to figure out transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and from Port Canaveral back to the airport.

Availability will depend upon the number of Uber drivers in the area. The drive will take an hour plus and you can get an approximate fare estimate by entering the start and stop points into this web site: http://uberestimate.com/ -- you're looking at roughly $75 for an UberX and $110+ for UberXL

Availability will depend upon the number of Uber drivers in the area. The drive will take an hour plus and you can get an approximate fare estimate by entering the start and stop points into this web site: http://uberestimate.com/ -- you're looking at roughly $75 for an UberX and $110+ for UberXL

Thank you for the link. That's great! Says it's between $56-$75. I just wish I could book something ahead of time. I hate the uncertainty of Uber.

I just wish I could book something ahead of time. I hate the uncertainty of Uber.

You can, just click the little car/clock on the right hand side of "Where to" and you can set a date and 15-minute time window for a pickup.

I would also book private transportation ahead of time if you do decide not to drive.

The problem with this Uber trip is that there is a chance the Uber driver will not be able to book a return fare and will lose money on this booking.

At 10PM on a Saturday night it will take at least 30-40 minutes just to get off the Disney property and onto the expressway. So you are looking at total travel time close to 75-90 minutes assuming no heavy traffic elsewhere on the route. Don't be surprised if the Uber price turns out well above the advance guesstimate range. I too would recommend researching a private car transfer.