MSC Status Match Question

sbs145

We have only been on two cruises before...one with NCL and one with RCI. I only see a spot to upload one status.... does anyone know how it works or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

MSC only accept one match. and you don't get a second attempt at a match, so that is why there is only space for one match to be uploaded.

So you have to choose which of the two will give you the higher level match.

I suspect they will both match at classic level, so there won't be any difference.

But to be safe post the level you are in each scheme and I'm sure you'll be pointed in the direction of the better match if they are not both the same.

I couldn't imagine why anyone with only one cruise would want to do a status match (most here have done it to get Black status). But I checked their site and even members who are at the lowest non-welcome tier get 5% off and a free welcome beverage, so I guess it pays for everyone who has sailed before to do it. In fact, given that I think they take airlines and hotels as well, I wonder if anyone with a one of those accounts at any level would qualify?

Edited by MisterBill99

I couldn't imagine why anyone with only one cruise would want to do a status match (most here have done it to get Black status). But I checked their site and even members who are at the lowest non-welcome tier get 5% off and a free welcome beverage, so I guess it pays for everyone who has sailed before to do it. In fact, given that I think they take airlines and hotels as well, I wonder if anyone with a one of those accounts at any level would qualify?

They take hotels but definitely don't take airlines.

From the MSC web site

T&C

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded

Pete

Even without their status match, if you sign up for the voyager´s club before taking your first MSC cruise, they give you 100 points which puts you on their Classic level.

Even without their status match, if you sign up for the voyager´s club before taking your first MSC cruise, they give you 100 points which puts you on their Classic level.

So what you're saying is that what the OP is planning to do is a waste of time.

so here's a question . . . i was one of those impacted by the mis-advertised GS "Corner" rooms and complained to MSC and was instead changed to 2 x connecting aurea balcony cabins . . . that has already been completed so yay! but now i did a status-match and am MSC Silver (had no status before) . . . i contacted my TA regarding the 5% retroactive discount, and she contacted MSC and was told that since the new package i was on was so heavily discounted already, i was no longer eligible for the 5% status discount . . . thoughts?

so here's a question . . . i was one of those impacted by the mis-advertised GS "Corner" rooms and complained to MSC and was instead changed to 2 x connecting aurea balcony cabins . . . that has already been completed so yay! but now i did a status-match and am MSC Silver (had no status before) . . . i contacted my TA regarding the 5% retroactive discount, and she contacted MSC and was told that since the new package i was on was so heavily discounted already, i was no longer eligible for the 5% status discount . . . thoughts?

If they'd had to take the 5% discount into consideration at the time, perhaps you may not have been given what you have been. It sounds like they've given you the very best offer possible for the price you're paying (from MSC's POV, anyway). This is just IMVHO.