ms Nieuw Amsterdam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades December 6, 2017

Scrapnana

I'm wondering what's going on with Serenity. Both on the last cruise and this one they have scheduled sailaway for 6PM, but the port seems to publish it as 8PM several days in advance. I wonder if the port agent they are using is causing a delay. My departure is supposed to be 6PM, and by January 5 I was hoping to try for a webcam wave; I hope by then we can actually leave at our desired time.

Roy

I'm wondering what's going on with Serenity. Both on the last cruise and this one they have scheduled sailaway for 6PM, but the port seems to publish it as 8PM several days in advance. I wonder if the port agent they are using is causing a delay. My departure is supposed to be 6PM, and by January 5 I was hoping to try for a webcam wave; I hope by then we can actually leave at our desired time.

Roy

We are scheduled to leave at 8 pm but Amsterdam has only left on time for her WV once in the last 5-6 years. I'm expecting we will leave between 10:30 and 11:30 which has been the norm.

Thanks for the Toot, Captain Giske.

Kathi, the GE interview should be pretty easy. All the background checks were done before your conditional approval, the interview should be mostly collecting fingerprints and perhaps other data, most of the rest of it should be CPB explaining the program and answering questions.

I don't have GE per se but it's part of NEXUS.

Roy

I'm hoping even if it's somewhat dark I'll be somewhat visible if I stand above the aftmost lifeboat.

927569894_sailaway(Custom).jpg.6a09f6829fb506008f6bf190cbce0710.jpg

Kathi, you should have an email approval within an hour or 2 of your interview. I THINK the card came in about 10 days. Be sure once you get it you add the number on it to your profile for the airline. It's what they use to qualify you for TSA precheck.

And thank you Kathi, Lou & Dave, and fellow addicts. May there never be a cure.

Roy

Thanks for the Toot, Captain Giske.

Kathi, the GE interview should be pretty easy. All the background checks were done before your conditional approval, the interview should be mostly collecting fingerprints and perhaps other data, most of the rest of it should be CPB explaining the program and answering questions.

I don't have GE per se but it's part of NEXUS.

Roy

I’ve heard the interview is not bad. I am dreading the four hour round trip drive. Luckily, a friend also applied and she is having her interview as well so I don’t have to endure northern Virginia Traffic by myself.

Kathi, you should have an email approval within an hour or 2 of your interview. I THINK the card came in about 10 days. Be sure once you get it you add the number on it to your profile for the airline. It's what they use to qualify you for TSA precheck

Roy

Good to know. Thanks.

See you all Friday!

I just followed up with a live thread on the Crystal forum about Serenity's 8PM departure. The ship was held to allow South Florida employees to have a holiday party on board. I am hopeful that when I sail it will be close to 6PM and there will be at least twilight when I leave.

Roy