Name changes on princess

serene56

does princess allow name changes on a booking? If my dad can’t go could I do a name change and take my grandson ?

yes princess allows a name change which is free if you booked direct, if you booked with a TA there maybe a fee

Make sure you have any documentation needed for taking your grandson. It is extremely important to have a medical release to allow you to obtain medical assistance. Princess will have other requirements.

Make sure you have any documentation needed for taking your grandson. It is extremely important to have a medical release to allow you to obtain medical assistance. Princess will have other requirements.

I woulda have all that. Been taking grand daughter on many trips. But my dad is sick now. Rehab fir 28 days so may miss cruise on January 7.

What about insurance. He is fully covered. Even for existing conditions as we purchased insurance when we booked a year ago. Would a name change still work for this situation

I woulda have all that. Been taking grand daughter on many trips. But my dad is sick now. Rehab fir 28 days so may miss cruise on January 7.

What about insurance. He is fully covered. Even for existing conditions as we purchased insurance when we booked a year ago. Would a name change still work for this situation

I would strongly suggest contacting Princess directly or your TA if you have one. General information on the subject from the forums is, while helpful, not in any way definitive. You should have no problem changing the name and taking your grandson (lucky young man!) but please get "real" advice and guidance rather than depending on the folks here no matter how experienced they may be. Each situation is different and you want to be certain you have done everything properly. Enjoy your cruise and please convey our sympathy to your father.

The OP definitely needs to contact Princess or the TA for the authoritative answer and to make the change. If she is sailing on January 7, the final payment has been made. While her father may be sad about missing the cruise, her DGS must be ecstatic for his good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

If your grandson is under 18 make certain you read all the fine print in the passage contract about traveling with minors, including the passport requirement if traveling with only one adult. There are also some requirements for passengers under 21.

Ask the insurance carrier.