2 questions regarding 2 perks that I received on my 12/12/17 Gem cruise

Sam The Cat

I am sailing on the Gem out of NYC starting on December 12, 2017 and have question regarding 2 perks that I have received

I am sailing in a SE suite and received a total of 300 free internet minutes and was wondering if this connection can be made in the suite or do I have to go to the room where NCL made available a few laptops. I am bringing my own and would like to use it in my suite. Is there some NCL personnel I could call or email to see if this could happen before I board or do I take a number and hope it is connected prior to re-docking in NYC on the 23rd.

2nd questions is that I also received a Choice Phone Call Credit but there are no minutes indicated, Do I get free minutes from my suite phone or can I use my cell phone at no cost?? I do not think that I will use it to much but you never know.

Any info that anyone could provide would be appreciated. I just turned Platinum based upon my last cruise so this is all new to me but I usually sail in a suite-non Haven

Thank You

Sam aka Andy

I'm not sure if you have your own device or plan to borrow one from NCL.

If you have your own, you can use it in your room - just remember to log out.

We sailed that same time last year on Gem and also had the 300 minutes but it was so slow we only used like 50 minutes. I haven't seen anything one way or another to say if it has improved. MKing's review a few months after our trip on Gem may have had some comments about the speed.

ETA: It also kept disconnecting on any device we were using and some of their onboard services were down one day for a few hours due to the internet being down.

Edited by dexddd

I am sailing on the Gem out of NYC starting on December 12, 2017 and have question regarding 2 perks that I have received

I am sailing in a SE suite and received a total of 300 free internet minutes and was wondering if this connection can be made in the suite or do I have to go to the room where NCL made available a few laptops. I am bringing my own and would like to use it in my suite. Is there some NCL personnel I could call or email to see if this could happen before I board or do I take a number and hope it is connected prior to re-docking in NYC on the 23rd.

2nd questions is that I also received a Choice Phone Call Credit but there are no minutes indicated, Do I get free minutes from my suite phone or can I use my cell phone at no cost?? I do not think that I will use it to much but you never know.

Any info that anyone could provide would be appreciated. I just turned Platinum based upon my last cruise so this is all new to me but I usually sail in a suite-non Haven

Thank You

Sam aka Andy

Andy,

We use our mini iPads all over the ship with no problem. Just make sure you disconnect each time from their site.

Perk 2 is for room phone only. I’m sure you know cell phone rates are very high trying to use cell phone while on ship

Enjoy the Platinum perks. Your 2 dinners are nice also.

Thank you all for the info. I do have my own laptop which I will use in the room, I also already made reservations with my perk of 4 dinners plus the 2 others for being Platinum. I will have to think of a way to tell my Dr when I return that I did not gain any weight, He has been all over me for the last 2 years to lose weight. All I can say is that I have not gained any LOL..

Laptop and other devices (cell phone internet or table) can be used anywhere on the ship. Sometimes a better connection in one area of the room or around the ship than another. Balcony could be better or worse. And of course you are sharing with everyone else on the ship, so it depend how may others are on.

You do not need to do anything now. When you board, open your internet browser and pick the ship for wifi and it will set you up. Yes, you can use more than one device, but only one at a time.