2 questions: excursions and credit card

Hi,

I'm new to cruising and RC.

I have 2 questions that I hope you can answer for me.

Last week there was a cyber sale and there was a 20% discount on all excursions. I looked at the city of my choice but saw nothing suitable. Today I looked again and suddenly there seemed to be much more options to choose from.

Did I just not look properly the first time? Or does RC block certain excursions when there is a sale?

I saw that there is a RC Visa creditcard with Bank of America. I am from Europe. Does that mean I am not eligible for the creditcard and 10.000 bonus points that go with it. Or is there a seperate site I can book from?

I don't think they block them from sale, but they do show up at various times. More, the closer you get to sailing.

You would have to contact Bank of America, but most likely, without being a US resident, you are probably not eligible.

Don't really need the card....was just looking at the 100$ OBC that it would get me :-)

Only U.S. residents can get the RC Visa card.

But don't worry. You're not missing anything. There are much better credit cards out there.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I'm new to cruising and RC.

I have 2 questions that I hope you can answer for me.

Last week there was a cyber sale and there was a 20% discount on all excursions. I looked at the city of my choice but saw nothing suitable. Today I looked again and suddenly there seemed to be much more options to choose from.

Did I just not look properly the first time? Or does RC block certain excursions when there is a sale?

I saw that there is a RC Visa creditcard with Bank of America. I am from Europe. Does that mean I am not eligible for the creditcard and 10.000 bonus points that go with it. Or is there a seperate site I can book from?

The credit card is only available to those that live in the US.

I have not seen excursions removed when there have been sales in the past however it is possible. It's also possible that you didn't look correctly or that they were added after the sale....many different variables. The good news is that they seem to be having the shore excursion sale about every 3 weeks or so.

If I book the excursion now, I can cancell up to 30 days before departure.

If it goes on sale, I can cancel and rebook.

But is it possible to first book again and then cancel? Because what if it's full? I cancel and get left with nothing

You can get refunds to your credit card up to 72 hours prior to depatprture. After that it appears as OBC to your ship account. You must cancel 48 hours prior to the excursion start for a full refund.

Yes you can cancel and rebook.

If I book the excursion now, I can cancell up to 30 days before departure.

If it goes on sale, I can cancel and rebook.

But is it possible to first book again and then cancel? Because what if it's full? I cancel and get left with nothing

I think if you actually call and talk to someone a RC you should be fine. I had the same worry but they just did it for me with their Black Friday sales and I received the discount. If the excursion is already full, you can confirm it the the phone rep before they pull the trigger and cancel the reservation.