Anyone Denied Luggage Valet?

helen haywood

...if you met all the requirements? We are sailing on Silhouette debarking in FLL. Our Delta flight from FLL to ATL is at 1:55. It seems that what I've read of people who were unable to get the service had non qualifying flight times or airlines. Has anyone else been unable to use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We disembarked the Silhouette Friday (12/8) and there was no Luggage Valet offered for anyone. Someone posted that the cruise previous to ours didn't have LV either.

I had posted that we did not have Luggage Valet on the November 19th Silhouette cruise.

The official word when we got the forms was "we will try". But, the evening before disembarkation, they let us know it was not going to happen.

Friend on Eclipse was just denied using it by airline (Delta). Met all the requirements (Domestic flight, was after 5PM, MIA airport, etc). She said it was odd as people a few doors down, and many other she met also flying with Delta were able to use it, while she and her husband Delta were told no. Final say is the airline, Celebrity just submits the data to them for approval.

Oh dear! Boo hiss. Well, I'm asking on the Florida Departures Board what is the earliest I could check the bags at FLL if we can't do LV...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Should be 4 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure if flying Delta.

This is airline dependent and not necessarily airport dependent. For instance, JetBlue will

allow you to check bags up to 6 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used LV on our last cruise on Reflection that dock in Fort Lauderdale on Nov 17, 2017. Celebrity did say it was up to TSA or the airlines on whether you get LV it has nothing to do with Celebrity. We used Delta and have global entry which gives us TSA PreCheck.

What are the requirements? I can't find them on the Celebrity site. We are always denied at the end of a TransAtlantic in Florida. Guest Services just tell me it's not available, but not the reason.

The requirements are not on the website.

I have never known LV to be available after a TA -- there are so many things in progress to have the ship cleared for entry into the US, and all the crew too -- LV is not something they are prepared to offer yet.

Various people have posted photos of the forms here on Cruise Critic. The ports which offer it are Seattle, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

By the way, to answer your original question, Sara the Michaels Club Concierge on Eclipse said that on the cruise prior to mine 130 people were denied LV. She said that all of them had international flights. International flight are allowed under LV but they all had code-shared flight numbers and apparently the system kicked them out.

Can someone explain what the luggage valet is? Thanks!

This is a service offered by several cruiselines but only available in certain ports (for Celebrity, it is Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Seattle). There are specific airline and flight time requirements that must be met. If all works out correctly, you pay Celebrity (and you can use your OBC) $25 per person and they check you in for your flight and deliver your boarding passes as well as a different set of luggage tags to your room the evening before disembarkation. You don't have to weigh your luggage to make sure it is exactly under 50 lbs either ... so for that alone, it is well worth it. There is a limit of 2 checked bags per person as I recall....we've only ever had one or two between the two of us so hopefully am remembering that correctly.

You put your luggage out the night before with the luggage tags that are delivered with your boarding passes (not the colored numbered ones). The next time you see your luggage will be at your destination airport. It's quite possibly the best thing since sliced bread. LOL

With all that being said, for the OP, yes ... even when all requirements are met, I have read that it has been denied for some passengers. Once we were at the airport when it was denied and there was a man from our cruise ahead of us in the security line. He was spitting mad as they denied him use of luggage valet and he forgot to repack his bags so that the one didn't weigh over 50 lbs. and it cost him dearly. Something about buying a senior fare or something like that. I don't know the real reason as I was trying not to engage him in too much conversation. Anyhow ... just sayin' ... guess it can and once in awhile, does happen.