LIVE: Royal Princess, Dec. 10-20, 2017, 10-Day Caribbean

geoherb

Question on Martinique, I will be on the Royal for the 3/30/18 Southern Caribbean cruise and was thinking of doing the walking tour. We are only there for the afternoon, so from your posts it sounds like it takes awhile to get off the ship and get there, and do you think it would be too hot to even do a 1.5 hour walking tour? Thanks so much.

We were on the Reflection the same day Royal was there and we used the main dock which is facing the heart of town. It is a pretty town to look at from the ship but nothing to see in the town. We walked all around for 3 hrs. and all we saw was sort of a swap meet era of clothes and other things. We only saw 3 jewelry stores within the town which tells you something. We saw a lot of french police around town on foot,cars and motorcycles . I stopped and talk with them and they told us keep a eye on our stuff like bags, cameras and other things since they grab and run all the time. He told me that crime is a real problem there which is what the cruise ship also warned before we got off for the time. Have a good time !

Wonderful review! Could you please tell me the hours of Sabatini's for suite guests on sea and port days? Thanks!
I'm sorry I don't remember. I do remember that the hours were different for sea days and port days, just not what the difference was. I think they opened at 7 or 7:30. We always went between 8 and 8:30. The food and service were great there. It was one of our favorite suite perks.

Just taking a chance someone may still be reading this thread. I usually find a place near the port that has free wifi. Does anyone know of such a place on this particular cruise route?

Amber Cove you have to get it from someone who works by the bar. They expect you to buy something first. We got to the port at about 7 am and by the pool at 8 and didnt really want to buy a drink.

Curacao has open wifi pretty much all over. Was able to get it at Mambo beach.

All Diamonds International stores have wifi but I don't remember the password. Sweet talk a clerk and they will give it to you, or juus look to see were the crew hangs out for the wifi

You don't have to look to see where the crew hangs out, just ask the crew.

Amber Cove you have to get it from someone who works by the bar. They expect you to buy something first. We got to the port at about 7 am and by the pool at 8 and didnt really want to buy a drink.

Curacao has open wifi pretty much all over. Was able to get it at Mambo beach.

Why not buy a soft drink. All day access for $3.50 is not that bad.

Wonderful trip with lots of memories to last a lifetime. Im sad the patter i read didn't mention our groups gathering.
We did not have a formal gathering. No one on our rollcall organized one. Even if we had, it would not have been in the Patter. We had the informal gathering after the muster drill. It was nice to meet some folks. Some of them we never saw again, but there were several we ran into most days.

• 3 weeks later...
My DH use to love trivia but stopped due to the group that has the binder with the questions started appearing.

We do back to backs normally around 2 or 3 in a row and the questions are never repeated but these people are on board a long time and actually track the questions. Pretty sad.

One time we went to liars club and the words we recognized from a cruise a while ago. We did not feel right participating. But the lovely couple celebrating their anniversary were helped out buy us when they were going to answer incorrectly. They loved the champagne.

Vickie,

I was on that “back-to-back” team on this cruise. I can assure you that no notebook (or any other reference material) was ever used during any of the trivia’s. In fact, I would catch hell from my teammates if I happened to have my phone out to show someone a picture when the contest was starting. “Put that away!!”

The lady with the notebook was writing down the questions and answers to use for trivia contests she put on back at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Vickie,

I was on that “back-to-back” team on this cruise. I can assure you that no notebook (or any other reference material) was ever used during any of the trivia’s. In fact, I would catch hell from my teammates if I happened to have my phone out to show someone a picture when the contest was starting. “Put that away!!”

The lady with the notebook was writing down the questions and answers to use for trivia contests she put on back at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can assure that the people the original poster was referring to and that I commented to are those that are on for a LONG time. And they do have a binder that they keep track of all the questions and answers. Now whether they refer to it while playing i don't know.

We do lots of back to back and like you would never even consider cheating.

I can assure that the people the original poster was referring to and that I commented to are those that are on for a LONG time. And they do have a binder that they keep track of all the questions and answers. Now whether they refer to it while playing i don't know.

We do lots of back to back and like you would never even consider cheating.

My only complaint was the team of 11 people.