Can I purchse onboard credit while on the ship or does it have to be done before...

rok233

Once your cruise starts, your booking becomes inaccessible on the website, so you can no longer add any extras to it. You would have to call NCL, and then they would have to contact the ship, and the whole thing would probably take a couple of days, if they are even able to do it. I'm guessing you get some kind of currency exchange rate advantage by purchasing OBC? If so, figure out how much you need and buy it before your cruise. And I would do it at least a week before sailing, not later. Things that you arrange at the very last minute have an annoying tendency to never show up on board…

Confusing. The OP had a thread the other day where he said he didn't have a credit card and wanted to know if he could still tip even if the cash he put down on board had a negative balance.

Well... that adds a bit more to the discussion.

Buying OBC onboard is exactly the same as putting cash on the account. No difference other than the terminology that I can see.

You will have to put cash into your folio if you don't have a credit card to use. Your folio will NEVER be allowed to go into debit without a credit card to cover it. When the value gets down and you are using cash then your card will be blocked till you add more cash,

I don't see any reason why each card can have a folio so long as you put cash on each up front and keep adding as the card "shuts down".