Things I've learned from reading this Cruise Critic Princess forum

voljeep

that Alfredo's is free.

that there is a coffee card.

that coffee in the Horizon buffet on Regal is real, and not syrup.

that you can ask for a mattress topper (didn't get it, though)

that you have to recheck the rates even after booking

that there are such things as upsells and upgrades

that there are sofa beds in deluxe balcony rooms, but not in regular balcony rooms

Please I hope that's so, what a big improvement.

Excellent observations Pam. My first Princess cruise was on the Sapphire 10-day Baja with Pam. I learned the ship's library can be a lifesaver for those who run out of books to read. My favorite activity on sea days is a lounger with a good mystery novel. Ok - there might be a bucket of beer involved (tip I learned - bring your own small portable top opener if you don't want to wait for someone to come open a new one because you don't want to rip your fingers open twisting off a cap). I don't like to use my e-reader in the sun and ran out of reading material I brought on board. The library saved my trip.

I now visit my local Friends of the Library bookstore where I can purchase gently used hardcover and paperback reading material for my cruises for just a few dollars each. When I'm done reading them, I leave them in the library for someone else to enjoy. Makes extra room in my suitcase for the trinkets I purchase on the cruise! I'll utilize this and many more nuggets I've learned when I do the Baja again in April on the Ruby. Many thanks to all the contributors!

Anything you want to do....LOOK HERE FIRST.....then draw your own conclusion

Case in point.....my BVE was a disaster.....if it wasn't for reading about what it is here, I would have never known what to expect or receive.....I immediately took care of it on board and got it right (well almost)

How many times can someone ask....can I get the (pick time) flight, when the ship docks (pick time and always book the earliest flight possible anyway

I have also learned that you can't bring.....irons, kettles, balcony decorations, tarps, crock pots, tubas, my pet dog, cat, bird, turtle

I have also learned that people can be very "entitled"

And I have also learned that I have met some very nice people and have remained friends

Yeah, I’m bummed about the tuba thing. I seriously can play a mean tuba. 😂

As odd as this sounds, I am glad that I did not have access to CruiseCritic when I first started cruising (late 90's). You had to be a member of AOL to view it at the time.

I actually went into my first cruise with no pre-conceived expectations or had recent reviews so I truly experienced things based on my own experiences. I did not think I missed anything by not reading up quite a bit about it. I read the cruise literature sent to me probably 3x.

I do appreciate CC now as I research ports in places I have not been.

It seems these days that some folks must know which nights are the formal ones, which DR to go to on the first day, where is muster, where to get their coffee, etc. :D:D:D LOL

To me it's inconceivable to plan out ones life with that much detail. ;)

They must stay awake at night just thinking up questions to post.

As odd as this sounds, I am glad that I did not have access to CruiseCritic when I first started cruising (late 90's). You had to be a member of AOL to view it at the time.

I actually went into my first cruise with no pre-conceived expectations or had recent reviews so I truly experienced things based on my own experiences. I did not think I missed anything by not reading up quite a bit about it. I read the cruise literature sent to me probably 3x.

I do appreciate CC now as I research ports in places I have not been.

I agree with that! Having been on CC for over 16 years despite having learned a great deal about changes, ports and places I doubt I would have ever cruised on Princess with all the negative comments from everything from the cruise line to the ships. I am very glad we made our decision on our experiences and continue to do so.

It is too bad many are determined that nothing will be right about the cruise, ship or stateroom they booked based on what they have read on CC.

We are new to cruising, and read a bit on CC before the first cruise. Which we really enjoyed despite missing ports and rough weather.

Things I have noticed, people like to complain, asked the same question ( formal nights ), and a few seam simply uptight .... Remember it is a holiday and learn to relax... you pay money, they provide room,food, entertainment and a moving view. Only the person can decide if cruising is for them. and the only way is go and do it.... hopefully with an open mind..

Also I love some of funny comments added to help lighten the posts..... overall CC is pretty good and remember everybody has an opinion my mum use to say if you can't say something nice, don't say anything....

Time for a G&T

Cheers Don ( on board tomorrow )

I thing I learned there are a lot of Great CC members very happy to help everyone.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Greetings from the Island Princess. You are a nice guy, Tony. Maybe almost as nice as our Captain Tuvo. Anyway, since you have been so nice these past weeks and months, I have to congratulate you on making it to the Super Bowl. I have to say though that I am going to support the team from the other side of Pennsylvania and hope we have learned a very hard lesson in Pittsburgh for next season.