No Medallion for the Caribbean Princess June 2018

myfuzzy

I read on another thread that she is going into drydock in 2019 around april or may for that to be fixed. They say the propulsion issue only causes them to be 2knots slower than normal. This was from someone on board doing a live from and spoke with an employee who attended their M&G. Gave a bit more info on the issue as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Wow, all the way into September 2018. I see the Golden was scheduled for October 2018, I wonder if that one gets pushed back too. Now it looks like 2019 or beyond for any full roll out of the *****.

I wonder how many people actually booked because of the ***** technology, and now I wonder how many cancellations they will get because of the delays.

It seems like they put the cart before the horse by advertising and promising this technology before it was actually perfected. All the monies put into the PE cruise terminal, for a "few" to take advantage of.

I too, can open my own door, order my drinks and schedule my own activities......maybe someday....Hmm, maybe they should call Disney.

Yet 90% of those who booked this cruise will not know what ***** is or care. Enjoy your cruise. You survived cruise without it before and you will in the future, or is the mindset now you won't enjoy it no matter what happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yet 90% of those who booked this cruise will not know what ***** is or care. Enjoy your cruise. You survived cruise without it before and you will in the future, or is the mindset now you won't enjoy it no matter what happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh heck -- I'm --BC --before computers...my first 15 years of cruising were pieces of paper with my name hand written on it for boarding cards. Remember the huge brass keys for the cabin doors......however, staying at Disney with the wrist band, sure made a difference opening the hotel room door, rather than fumbling for where I put that dang key card.

I called Princess and talked to a rep about this. She told me that ***** will be in place but only a small percentage of passengers will be part of the "test run". She told me I could watch others and see how nice this feature was. I told her this was worse than it not being available shipwide.... I'm supposed to look over somebody's shoulder and oooh and ahhh over this new feature that is unavailable to me. :mad:(n) She told me that we would be able to purchase additional Internet minutes at a bit of a discount for the "inconvenience"

The thing that upsets me most here is the crappy way Princess is handling this whole snafu.

~Brian

Just to follow up..... After posting the above message a week ago, I wrote a polite email to customer relations at Princess expressing my disappointment and requesting a clarification. After waiting 3 days and not getting a response, I wrote a second (snarkier) message and asked if ignoring my original message was going to be the new customer service "normal".

I guess you catch more flies with "snarkiness" than with politeness as I received a call today from Princess. I received the standard "we're sorry but we bit off more than we could chew with *****. We have taken a step back and will make it right before launching." I was also told that the representative I initially spoke with should never have told me that I could watch others using ***** and share in their excitement. (duh).

Oh, and they've finally updated the web site so that it no longer shows ***** as being a feature on the cruise.

My original comment about not caring for the way Princess has handled this situation has been reinforced.

~Brian