Stateroom Sizes on RCI's Site

A balcony is always better than a window cabin.

Yes, I realize that. We have small kids and room size is more important than the balcony. Also, the balcony is about 25% more so budget is a consideration. Just wanted to know if anyone had knowledge of the actual room sizes on the category G staterooms on Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival has the largest standard cabins...theirs are 185 for almost ALL categories. RCI has smaller cabins...not much floor space. Remember that the sq. footage INCLUDES the bathroom space, so your actual cabin will feel smaller than you expect.

Actually it's approx 159 sq. ft. for the Freedom class ships category G Oceanview.

Have you priced a FO (Family Ocean View or any of the Family/Larger Panoramic Ocean View or even a FP Promenade Family) ? Any of these would give you plenty of space...much more than even a balcony. Do consider all the category options you may have.

Best of luck and enjoy that cruise on Liberty... a favorite of ours.

Actually it's approx 159 sq. ft. for the Freedom class ships category G Oceanview.

Have you priced a FO (Family Ocean View or any of the Family/Larger Panoramic Ocean View or even a FP Promenade Family) ? Any of these would give you plenty of space...much more than even a balcony. Do consider all the category options you may have.

Best of luck and enjoy that cruise on Liberty... a favorite of ours.

We did. The Panoramic Ocean view are smaller than the D1 and more expensive so I think we'd do the D1 if we upgraded. There were no more Family staterooms available or the large oceanviews (F). For a minute, 1802 was available and the deck plan looks like that room is larger than the other P2s but I couldn't confirm.

I have several years of RCI brochures (Vacation Planners) and the category G ocean view used to say 180 sq. ft...the newest brochure 2017-2018 says 159 sq. ft. So you can see it varies depending on where you're looking...nothing surprising there...but it's doubtful the sq. footage has changed..it's just who/how their measuring.

We did. The Panoramic Ocean view are smaller than the D1 and more expensive so I think we'd do the D1 if we upgraded. There were no more Family staterooms available or the large oceanviews (F). For a minute, 1802 was available and the deck plan looks like that room is larger than the other P2s but I couldn't confirm.

Don't ever rely on the website for cabins available.....call directly....to get current correct availability.

This exact same thing just happened to me the other day....the cabin I wanted was not showing as open but a quick phone call to RCI confirmed it actually was, along with several more options.