Oceana refit

davecttr

Thank you. Yes I did a dummy booking with 2 adults and a child and still wouldn’t let me.

I called P&O and requested the cabin that showed availability with the extra Pullman and even though it was available it wouldn’t book 3 people so the lady said she would email a different department and get back to me. Fingers crossed. My 83 year old mum loves the week away sharing with her daughters and the fun of us all sharing a cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. Yes I did a dummy booking with 2 adults and a child and still wouldn’t let me.

I called P&O and requested the cabin that showed availability with the extra Pullman and even though it was available it wouldn’t book 3 people so the lady said she would email a different department and get back to me. Fingers crossed. My 83 year old mum loves the week away sharing with her daughters and the fun of us all sharing a cabin.

That's sweet ---- bet all you misbehave though!!

Good luck with the booking

:)

Agree with this advice. We once tried to book a cabin for a 2 week cruise. We were told that it was occupied and that we had to have another one. We booked the one they suggested. The next day we checked out of interest and the cabin we asked for originally was still available for both of the 1 week cruises. I.e. it was not occupied at all and free. We contacted P&O by phone and told them that we thought we had been told something untrue re the state of the cabin we had requested as it was free.

The P&O rep. went away and came back saying that her manager had released it and that it was now available for us.

They do keep cabins back so best to phone them and check what it going on. (I'd contact them more than once if you don't get the right answer as I don't think that some of the sales team know what is going on half of the time)

:-)

Another reason for using a good cruise agent. They can access exactly what is available

Another reason for using a good cruise agent. They can access exactly what is available

I cannot believe that P&O would not allow somebody to book a particular cabin they want (provided it is not already booked) but would allow agents to book it for a client. That makes no sense. In this instance, the requested cabin was probably originally booked or held back for some reason and the manager had been able to release it so it was available. Had an agent tried to make the original booking it is unlikely they would have been able to book the cabin either. I suspect (maybe wrongly) that P&O are more likely to meet requests from individuals making bookings for themselves rather than to third parties making bookings on behalf of clients, unless they prefer people to book through an agent rather than directly with them.

I cannot believe that P&O would not allow somebody to book a particular cabin they want (provided it is not already booked) but would allow agents to book it for a client. That makes no sense. In this instance, the requested cabin was probably originally booked or held back for some reason and the manager had been able to release it so it was available. Had an agent tried to make the original booking it is unlikely they would have been able to book the cabin either. I suspect (maybe wrongly) that P&O are more likely to meet requests from individuals making bookings for themselves rather than to third parties making bookings on behalf of clients, unless they prefer people to book through an agent rather than directly with them.

The agents access all available cabins. You will also generally get a better price with a good agent. I can’t see any advantage to booking direct with P&O

The agents access all available cabins. You will also generally get a better price with a good agent. I can’t see any advantage to booking direct with P&O

But at the time of booking, the desired cabin was apparently not available.

I called up again yesterday and again told that we couldn’t book the cabin for three people as they must have reached the quota for three births for that cruise. There is still lots of availability so asked if there was anyone I could speak to. I have to call back and ask them to speak to the accommodations department to see if a room can be released. Fingers crossed we can get it sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called up again yesterday and again told that we couldn’t book the cabin for three people as they must have reached the quota for three births for that cruise. There is still lots of availability so asked if there was anyone I could speak to. I have to call back and ask them to speak to the accommodations department to see if a room can be released. Fingers crossed we can get it sorted.

UPDATE

When I got in from work last night checked the website and three births had become available again en masse. Booked today and told my mum the great news........money can’t buy the look of of delight on her face, something for her to look forward to during the January blues.

UPDATE

When I got in from work last night checked the website and three births had become available again en masse. Booked today and told my mum the great news........money can’t buy the look of of delight on her face, something for her to look forward to during the January blues.

Brilliant [emoji4]