Exception to Carnival Cruise Pregnancy Policy

Ohbaby17

I am supposed to be leaving on a cruise in 8 days (first timer) and I just found out 2 days ago I am pregnant (6 weeks and first pregnancy). I reviewed Carnival's online policy about filling out their form and submitting it to them at least 14 days before your cruise is scheduled. I then called Carnival to ask about exceptions because of the timing with my situation, and the customer service lady just reread their policy to me and said I would not be permitted to cruise. And we are going on the cruise with my in-laws who are not currently aware I am pregnant but we were hoping to tell them while we were with them but of course now I am nervous in doing that. They will figure out on their own fairly quickly I am pregnant because they know we were trying and I will be switching up some fairly obvious habits.

So my question is, has anyone had experience with getting the 14 day requirement waived? I don't want to lie to the cruise ship and say I am not pregnant when I am. I definitely had a nightmare last night that I lied and they found out in the middle of the cruise and left me in Mexico to fend for myself. Do I risk it and tell them when I am boarding I am pregnant and provide them with their form at that time? What is the likelihood they will say no at that point? What would any of you experienced cruisers do?

Sorry for the long post - thanks for any advice.

I'm confused. Is it that you are pregnant, and will be too close to the cruise to be allowed to go, or is it that you don't want to fill out the form because you don't want to spoil the surprise?

Policy is the letter must be submitted at least 14 days prior to sailing unless it is booked in that window. She didn't find out until she was in the 14 day restricted period.

When I went at 19 weeks pregnant I had sent the form ahead of time and had a copy with me. When I checked in they asked if I was pregnant (they all all women) I said yes and handed them the form. It's like they didn't even have it in the system ahead of time. I would think you would be fine, I'm sure many women go when pregnant and don't even know they are yet or is still early so they don't tell the cruise line. I don't think they would give you any problems as long as you get the form filled out and send it as soon as you can.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't even tell them. I'm sure your not showing yet.

Exactly! If you are not showing, I would not tell Carnival anything. I have no problem lying to Carnival, they do it to me all the time. Kinda thought lying to each other was our thing now.

I am on board with not saying a thing if they don't have a policy in place to address situations where pregnancies are discovered last minute.

A woman who is also 6 weeks can hypothetically book today and simply be allowed to bring the letter with her but since the OP booked before the deadline and found out afterward she is denied boarding? That makes no sense.