Sky Suite Questions

irenedee

Lunch at Luminae is from 12:00 to 1:30. Is it the same on embarkation day?

Traveling at the moment without access to the dailies but my recollection is that Luminae serves lunch on embarkation days during the same Noon to 1:30 PM time period...

I've dined in Luminae on several trips and--after my initial experience--still haven't warmed to it/come to love it as you do... During my first cruise providing suite guests with access to Luminae, I went there for lunch upon embarkation, asked the Maitre 'D to set up a standing reservation for dinner, and was told that one would not be necessary... When I showed up at the time I'd requested, I was told that there would be a forty minute wait and--when I questioned that given that tables were empty--was further told that they had been reserved... Difficult to rationalize given the response I'd gotten to my reservation request more than six hours earlier when Luminae was virtually empty... For medical reasons, I went to The Oceanview--it was fine--but couldn't get over the unusual lack of professionalism exhibited by that Maitre 'D [initially and when I showed up for dinner; he exhibited no sign of recognizing the disconnect between his advice and reality] and it left a lasting impression...

And to be candid, I'm not particularly fond of some of the rather limited Luminae-specific dinner menu offerings [i am allergic to all fin fish and most seafood; there is a heavy emphasis on both] and don't need to pay suite prices--the additional space is nice/not essential and in any case I am accorded all of the "Go Best" suite perks [plus some] by virtue of my loyalty regardless of stateroom category--to mostly dine from the very nice but somewhat less distinctive MDR menu...

While I don't preclude booking a suite/dining in Luminae in the future [i know many--but not all--love it; one size doesn't fit all] in the future, my upcoming cruises are all booked in AquaClass with dining in Blu; that's where I first became addicted to sailing with Celebrity [enjoy the food and atmosphere more than that offered in the MDR; have never had a service lapse] and that's where I'm personally happiest...

Fortunately, we all have options...

We now almost always sail in suites. Our last experience in Luminae was that while the menu is limited, we ordered off of the MDR very often-or combined the two. We like the fact that unlike blu, the tables are far apart offering a more intimate dining experience. We dine around 6:00- and found no problem being seated immediately. It is great to sail in a suite, the cabins are much larger including the bathroom, and no problem with storage. The added perks of Michael's club, and a butler make the sailing very special.

Enjoy your experience in a suite- it will be hard to sail any other way in the future!

We upgraded to a suite a couple of years ago and loved Luminae. Once we ate there, we didn't eat anywhere else. First time on a cruise that we never ate at the buffet.

We were on the Caribbean cruise in October. Unfortunately, for port days, Luminae is closed for lunch. We don't like to go to the buffets so the only option was the hamburger grill. That is unfortunate on a 12 day sailing.

We have found that the pricing is so high for suites on other cruise lines are priced better.

We were on the Caribbean cruise in October. Unfortunately, for port days, Luminae is closed for lunch. We don't like to go to the buffets so the only option was the hamburger grill. That is unfortunate on a 12 day sailing.

We have found that the pricing is so high for suites on other cruise lines are priced better.

Also the spa cafe another option. If you ask they will make you fresh grilled fish for lunch. Another option. Some people enjoy lunch from room service on their balcony or in their stateroom