Norovirus

mountaindoc358

Maybe the solution is the policy that Cunard instituted (no idea if they still do it ) but they would effectively code red the ship for 3 days at every embarkation port and have all buffet food etc served by the staff

I assume during that time anyone suffering sickness they failed to report on the paper they signed coming onboard might get found and treated ....Regent are clearly pullling out all the stops to deal with the current problem but i am still 100% sure theres a passenger or passengers who are harbouring the bug and refusing to contact medical and it is they who deliberately threaten the health of all onboard along with spoiling the cruise

...................Regent are clearly pullling out all the stops to deal with the current problem but i am still 100% sure theres a passenger or passengers who are harbouring the bug and refusing to contact medical and it is they who deliberately threaten the health of all onboard along with spoiling the cruise

The "bug" does not always present in some people even though they may be infected. It is very possible to be a carrier and have no symptoms. Some people just have a super immunity. Your suggestion that they do a mandatory 3 day code red has some merit, particularly in areas where they suspect there might be a problem.

J

I like the idea as well but think that a modified Code Red (such as had on our Amazon cruise) would help immensely. In fact, the type of cleaning that went on during our cruise probably should be used on the Mariner now - even though Code Red is over (or will be within a few hours).

Phillipahane - read the great news this morning that the Mariner is getting out of Code Red.

Due to what I perceive is a problem -- having two threads - one old (this one) and one about the current Mariner cruise it may have become confusing. In any case, for those of you that haven't caught up on the Code Red thread, here is a link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2592351&page=4. (check out post #76)