New Suite-only area on Sky Princess?

shipfriend_max

Hi,

I’ve browsed the deck plans of Sky Princess, and on deck 18 there’s a new area with hot tubs and two suites.

I hope the area is accessible for all passengers, and not just for suite members?

On deck 17 the pool in the front of the ship seems to be open for everyone, but fully enclosed and surrounded by other staterooms.

But she seems to have two large main

pools!!! [emoji16]

See the attached pictures:

77b643dc484cdd0857bbe4d64146b8d8.jpgd00cd018cd68fafe01206a7ba6856cf2.jpg9f1222d9769a162e28c8a9604474b3f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the addition of cabins around the Retreat pool, there is very little room, if any, for lounges. Deck 18 above the Retreat Pool appears to be a lounge area just as deck 17 is a lounge area over the two main pools on 16. Both will be open to anyone who wishes to use them.

With the addition of cabins around the Retreat pool, there is very little room, if any, for lounges. Deck 18 above the Retreat Pool appears to be a lounge area just as deck 17 is a lounge area over the two main pools on 16. Both will be open to anyone who wishes to use them.

Is this official? If so, that would be great... :)

In a way, this reminds me of the layout of the Grand Class ships' Lotus Spa pools where there is little space around the pool but more lounge space on the deck above.

One thing that I really like is the fact that there are more hot tubs than before and yes the two main pools both look large.

In a way, this reminds me of the layout of the Grand Class ships' Lotus Spa pools where there is little space around the pool but more lounge space on the deck above.

One thing that I really like is the fact that there are more hot tubs than before and yes the two main pools both look large.

Yeah, totally agree, if the deck space above at deck 18 is accessible for everyone, what I certainly assume. IMHO Princess is not known as a cruise line with expansive suite-only-areas.

The fact of more hot tubs and more deck spaces I really like, as well as more pools. :) I think Princess has reacted to some criticism regarding the former ships and will improve that on Sky Princess.

Is this official? If so, that would be great... :)
Well, no... It's just my interpretation of the currently available Sky deck plan. Since construction of the Sky is far from completion, (has it even begun?), changes could be made.

I’m hoping that the Retreat pool is effectively enclosed with seating on the deck above with a retractable roof cover.

Also hoping that the new Vista deck has been renamed as such because of a new Skywalkers type bar. Am I hoping for too much?!

I think the plans on the website aren’t a true representation of the final ones. At least I hope they aren’t as they’ve increased the number of cabins but haven’t done anything to increase the square footage of public space.

The Seawalk also no longer seems to be a bridge, but instead just the glass floor that juts out over the side of the ship and now on both sides. Overall the changes look very positive. I am hoping that the Retreat pool area now two levels will be covered. I was hoping for a front facing lounge but that doesn't seem to be happening.