First time cruise—celebrity summit

jayi6707

So, let me say I’ve read some great information on this site. With that said—it’s a little overwhelming trying to fully understand the cruising language. What seems easy to the experienced cruiser is not at all for me.

We just signed up to cruise on the Summit in July in a sky suite (s1). I really don’t even know what we have—celebrity offered pre paid tips, premium drink package, WiFi. I’m not even sure the true meaning of all this.

1) so I don’t have to pay for any drinks all week?

2) what is michaels and the private restaurant. Is that where we eat all week?

3) do we get something from celebrity as to what is on the ship to do

4) do we just go back and forth from

The ship when we get to Bermuda

5) are the sky suites worth it.

So sorry for all the most basic questions. I just don’t know the basics of cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1) so I don’t have to pay for any drinks all week? If you order a drink that is more expensive than what is included in the premium pkg, you pay the difference + 18% tip. Otherwise you pay nothing.

2) what is michaels and the private restaurant. Is that where we eat all week?Michaels is a club for suite passengers only where you can get concierge help and drinks etc. You will eat in Luminae which is the dining room for suite passengers. You can also eat at the Oceanview buffet, Spa cafe, Mast Grill, Al Baccio (lovely pastries which are free. I don't know if suite people get the coffees for free. You can also eat at the speciality restaurants which are fee based.

3) do we get something from celebrity as to what is on the ship to do You get the Celebrity Today delivered to your cabin each night with the next day's schedule

The ship when we get to Bermuda. Yes, you can go out as much as you want. You just need to be on board at the time they specify for sailing.

5) are the sky suites worth it. I've only been in a suite once and I got a great deal. Otherwise we sail Aqua class.

So sorry for all the most basic questions. I just don’t know the basics of cruising.

Welcome to Cruise Critic where we all learned the basics when we first started too. Enjoy your cruise. I love Bermuda.

So, let me say I’ve read some great information on this site. With that said—it’s a little overwhelming trying to fully understand the cruising language. What seems easy to the experienced cruiser is not at all for me.

We just signed up to cruise on the Summit in July in a sky suite (s1). I really don’t even know what we have—celebrity offered pre paid tips, premium drink package, WiFi. I’m not even sure the true meaning of all this.

2) what is michaels and the private restaurant. Is that where we eat all week?

The ship when we get to Bermuda

First of all, relax and be happy. You'll have a great time and there is no worry about figuring out some of this while you are on the ship. That discovery is part of the fun!

Yes, except for the drinks that would have cost more than a certain amount (~$15)

2) what is michaels and the private restaurant. Is that where we more than eat all week?

Michael's is a special lounge for suite guests and high tier members of Celebrity's freqent traveler program. They have a bar with drinks, snacks, and a concierge.

Luminae is the dining room for suite guests only. It is intended to be high end in food quality and service.

A daily sheet comes to your stateroom each night with the offerings for the following day

4) do we just go back and forth from the ship when we get to Bermuda

Yes. The ship functions as a hotel while you are there. Lots of excursions you can book through the ship or through private vendors, and lots do-able on your own.

It's all relative. You'll have a nice room with more space and a butler, access to Michael's club and Luminae. These are very nice things. Sit back and enjoy.

-Joel