Buena Vista Irish Coffee $9.95 - or coffee drinks or good virgin drink recommendation

ddlb

On this forum I saw a dining menu listing a Buena Vista Irish Coffee for $9.95. Would this be included in the UBP or is it a specialty coffee which is not included? I have the UBP for the first time ever and was wondering if there are any hot type coffee drinks included like a hot toddy whatever that is. I need recommendations also for any virgin drinks in addition to a mudslide as I want to get my monies worth out of this package but am not much of an alcohol drinker (the pkg was free but I still paid the gratuties). All suggestions welcome but the less calories the better unless it has chocolate in it. Don't want to drink pop. Thanks!

Yep. It is now included. Used to not be, but I was pleasantly surprised, last cruise it was

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It has been included for quite a while. I first got the UBP about 3 years ago and it has always been included in that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on several cruises in the last few years where Irish coffee has been a problem as far as the UBP was concerned, and things can vary from venue to venue on the same ship, depending on the server.

Although the menu states that it is prepared with regular brewed coffee, in my experience they usually make it with espresso. But that's not what determines whether or not they exclude it from the UBP. I've had many Irish coffees made with espresso for no extra charge, and I have also had them (try to) charge me for Irish coffees made with brewed coffee.

On this forum I saw a dining menu listing a Buena Vista Irish Coffee for $9.95. Would this be included in the UBP or is it a specialty coffee which is not included? I have the UBP for the first time ever and was wondering if there are any hot type coffee drinks included like a hot toddy whatever that is. I need recommendations also for any virgin drinks in addition to a mudslide as I want to get my monies worth out of this package but am not much of an alcohol drinker (the pkg was free but I still paid the gratuties). All suggestions welcome but the less calories the better unless it has chocolate in it. Don't want to drink pop. Thanks!

They can make a virgin pina colada, or a virgin version of the frozen strawberry and/or mango drinks (which I can't remember the names of!). Virgin mojitos are always nice, and very refreshing. If juices are included, sprite and pineapple juice is one of my go-tos. I had a virgin version of a strawberry caipirinha on my last cruise, basically just the muddled strawberries, lime juice, sugar and club soda, which was pretty great.

A creative bartender can figure out something NA and interesting with what they have behind the bar.

They can make a virgin pina colada, or a virgin version of the frozen strawberry and/or mango drinks (which I can't remember the names of!). Virgin mojitos are always nice, and very refreshing. If juices are included, sprite and pineapple juice is one of my go-tos. I had a virgin version of a strawberry caipirinha on my last cruise, basically just the muddled strawberries, lime juice, sugar and club soda, which was pretty great.

A creative bartender can figure out something NA and interesting with what they have behind the bar.

Good ideas! My Mom will be pleased to hear this! Thanks.