Drink package question

BuckeyeMan

I looked briefly and didn;t see the answer so I will try here. Just a quick easy question as we have not cruised with Royal recently but normally with Celebrity. Doing a 5 night cruise. Do both passengers in the cabin have to have the same drink package? It is a chartered sailing so no alcohol package. Just the $28 package and the soda package. Can I buy the $28 package and wife get the $8 soda package?

I looked briefly and didn;t see the answer so I will try here. Just a quick easy question as we have not cruised with Royal recently but normally with Celebrity. Doing a 5 night cruise. Do both passengers in the cabin have to have the same drink package? It is a chartered sailing so no alcohol package. Just the $28 package and the soda package. Can I buy the $28 package and wife get the $8 soda package?

I've not yet seen them require both people in a stateroom to purchase the non-alcoholic package.

so wife can get the soda package while I buy the refreshment package, I think that is what they call the other package.

Thanks for your help,.

As far as I know, that should work. Please report back if you find out otherwise. Royal's policies frequently change without notice.

We just booked. Online, the rule is if both parties are over 21 and one orders the Drink Package both are required to order it. For obvious reasons many will game the system if only one has it. My parents who are travelling with us on our Mar 31 2018 Harmony of the Seas cruise called the phone number and RCCL were quick to allow only ONE passenger to get the drink package; the other got the soda package too. There are many situations where the 2nd cabin member does not drink at the same volume so this should be allowed.

We just booked. Online, the rule is if both parties are over 21 and one orders the Drink Package both are required to order it. For obvious reasons many will game the system if only one has it. My parents who are travelling with us on our Mar 31 2018 Harmony of the Seas cruise called the phone number and RCCL were quick to allow only ONE passenger to get the drink package; the other got the soda package too. There are many situations where the 2nd cabin member does not drink at the same volume so this should be allowed.

The OP specified that he is NOT talking about the alcoholic package. (deluxe package)

The rule you are talking about does not apply to the non-alcoholic packages. (refreshment package and soda package)

So has the rule changed? Last time I was with RCCL I was able to buy the alcoholic drinks package but my wife, who drinks very little, did not have to. That would have been in summer of 2016 I think.

Yes, Royal changed the rule effective with sailings starting after Dec 31.

I was just on a charter RCCL 2 weeks ago and they didn't require both adults in room to get the drink package. I realized that Charters and very different than "regular" sailings. Have Fun!

I was just on a charter RCCL 2 weeks ago and they didn't require both adults in room to get the drink package. I realized that Charters and very different than "regular" sailings. Have Fun!

The requirement that both people must have the deluxe package doesn't kick in until the end of this year.

Plus, it's not 2018 yet, when the policy is supposed to start.

Count us in on the 1 drink package and 1 soda package. Just paid for ours last week. Going on the Freedom Jan 6th..

RCCL were quick to allow only ONE passenger to get the drink package; the other got the soda package too.

When you say "soda package", are you actually referring to the "Refreshment Package" (includes bottled water, premium coffee/tea, juice, etc)? Or do you really mean the cheaper Classic Soda package?

As of a few weeks ago, I had to order the Refreshment Package for my wife if I wanted the Deluxe package. They wouldn't let me do it with only the Classic Soda Package for her.

The requirement that both people must have the deluxe package doesn't kick in until the end of this year.

Unless they have changed the rules (again), it actually went into effect a few months ago for some sailings. We sailed in October on Oasis and when we booked it wasn't required. However, about a month prior to sailing it was. I had already bought three of the four I needed and when I went to purchase the fourth it came up with a pop up warning me that everybody over 21 in the cabin had to purchase.

It had already been implemented for some other ships even before that.