Dry dock for Insignia?

Go-Bucks!

I doubt the Specialties serve 150 per night. Especially on the R ships. If they did it would be half of the ship eating in a Specialties each night in either a R or O ship!

The Specialties need to change up their menus adding new items and deleting others.

I also believe that O could do a better job procuring fresh fish and veggies than they do. The GDR could become a Mecca for fresh fish items, for example. You’re not feeding the entire passenger list anyway! Those demanding meat and tators, will still only eat meat and tators! If they run out of the daily fresh fish item after X servings, they can do what every restaurant in the world does and say, “ I’m sorry, but we’re out of that item this evening “! The world goes on!

If she does go in, my guess would be that it will primarily be a lot of Engine Room stuff that won't be readily apparent to the passengers.

OC_2019-WC-banner.jpg

There are large segments of the World Cruise where repairs beyond what the onboard staff can accomplish would be a huge issue. Oceania wants her well prepared

will be on 1st cruise after rtw cruise -- hope ship is ready for us

• 2 months later...
Is the refurbishment confirmed?

Yes...if you go to the 2019 world cruise roll call there are posts from a couple people who have recently been on Insignia and got info from ship staff about the remodel. Sorry, I don't know the numbers of the posts.

Yes...if you go to the 2019 world cruise roll call there are posts from a couple people who have recently been on Insignia and got info from ship staff about the remodel. Sorry, I don't know the numbers of the posts.

Thanks for the tip Go-Bucks!! I think post 611 and 616 may be what you were thinking of on the 2019 WC roll call? (This links to page 31, which is where those post #s are on my computer - link will fail if you are not logged in.) May be other posts as well. We are not on the 2019 WC but are on last Insignia itinerary before the WC.

On board insignia now. Butler confirmed dry dock in November. Also had an IT person in the room scanning signal strength and he said they were scanning entire ship and will be upgrading the system as well.

Also, off topic, but FYI as of the last 2 cruises, they are now doing an owners suite embarkation lunch in your suite. Unfortunately nobody talked to us ahead of time so we had already eaten, and didn't know our butler had been standing by the room since 11 waiting for us! (We went to the room when announcement was made that rooms were ready at 1)...

On board insignia now. Butler confirmed dry dock in November. Also had an IT person in the room scanning signal strength and he said they were scanning entire ship and will be upgrading the system as well.

Also, off topic, but FYI as of the last 2 cruises, they are now doing an owners suite embarkation lunch in your suite. Unfortunately nobody talked to us ahead of time so we had already eaten, and didn't know our butler had been standing by the room since 11 waiting for us! (We went to the room when announcement was made that rooms were ready at 1)...

Good news! Thx!

Sorry you missed the in-suite lunch....sounds like a nice way to start a cruise. Does the website show this perk?