Royal IQ texting/calling features

rustyroo

Hi. I understand that for 7.95 you can use the texting/calling feature from royal iq app for anyone else who also pays the 7.95. The information also mentions you can make and receive calls from people off the ship at a per call cost. Is this true, and if so how much is it per receiving/making calls off ship?

Also can you text people off ship somehow using royal iq app? (I assume not)

If you are on a ship that supports the Royal IQ app (currently only Quantum class and Harmony) you can text others on that same cruise who are running the app and have paid the $7.95. However, the Royal IQ app does not give any ability to send or receive texts/calls from anyone who is not using the Royal IQ app on that ship.

Also can you text people off ship somehow using royal iq app? (I assume not)

It has been reported by many that iMessage on iPhone does seem to be able to text on/off ship without any WiFi package (or the texting package inside RoyaliQ).This only works on ship with Royals IQ (Harmony and Quantum class).

It has been reported by many that iMessage on iPhone does seem to be able to text on/off ship without any WiFi package (or the texting package inside RoyaliQ).This only works on ship with Royals IQ (Harmony and Quantum class).

I was on Anthem in November and this is true. We did not know until we got on the ship, but I had no wifi or royal IQ texting or anything was able to not only imessage with my husband on board but also with my Mom and kids that were at home (in Canada) and I never got any fee through Royal or Bell during our trip. Apparently android also has something that works, but we have apple so I'm not familiar with it.

Has anyone tried bbm with blackberry?? is it a one time charge of $7.95 that you pay once on the ship? Is the only way to do it with guest services or other options? Thx!

One time charge on board, via your wireless device.

Has anyone tried bbm with blackberry?? is it a one time charge of $7.95 that you pay once on the ship? Is the only way to do it with guest services or other options? Thx!

The option is inside the app (guest services can't help), which I don't think will work on blackberry even if sideloaded.

There is a new android app, weMessage, that allows iMessage on an android phone.

https://wemessageapp.com/

This biggest caveat is that is does require a MacOS computer to run. The messages are routed thru the Mac, as it runs a weMessage server on the Mac to allow the messaging.

I suspect Apple will work to block this service, as they have in the past with other similar apps that try to access iMessage.