Accessing NCL USA Website from Canada

alert

Tunnelbear is a VPN, or "virtual private network" that allows you to appear to log in through a different location. There are many such services available, and you may have one included in your computer's security software already. Tunnelbear is evidently free for personal use.

You connect to a server in the US, and it relays the connection. You appear to be from wherever that server is; the commercial one I use allows me to connect via several US cities and locations around the world. It is not illegal or unethical to do so, as it is a feature in many security programs. It is also not an "anonymizer" since the company providing the VPN has your full details of when you logged in (and they may keep a log of the websites you visit; some do, some don't).

You probably need to clear your cookies. I travel frequently and if I assess American Airlines from China, I get the Chinese site. Once I’m back in the US, I have to clear the cookies to get back to the US website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you simply want to see USD pricing scroll down to the bottom of the main web page to where it says Worldwide. Click on view more. Select the US Spanish site. (Or enter es.ncl.com in your browsers address field) If you are using a browser like Chrome, you will be prompted to approve translating the site to English.

Depending on your computer's OS and choice of preferred browsers, there are add-on and/or extensions to Chrome & Firefox that provide the free gateway, similar to VPN, to access NCL's USA website (and, other websites) - it will mask your I.P. address ... as noted, always clear your cache & cookies, restart your browser before logging in again to the USA sites.

Depending on your ISP, switching away from the cable or telecom's DNS browser will also help, i.e. OpenDNS as they will also help to "mask" your local I.P.

Funny I can access the Canadien site from the US? I would try adding another browser and trying the ncl.com web site.

You could also try a web proxy

such as this one

http://www.uswebproxy.com/

Welcome to US Web Proxy - Free, Fast and Anonymous Web Proxy

US Web Proxy is a USA based web proxy server which allows you to bypass blocked websites from your school, work, home, or country in order to access your favourite websites, and protect your identidy online (identity fraud, hackers spying on your internet traffic, censorship, etc) by hidding your IP address.

US Web Proxy is the most reliable and fastest web proxy. It is easy to use and 100% free!