Auto Gratuities -

We have 4 cabins on FOS January 6. I am paying the gratuities for all the cabins. I could either pre-pay them ahead of time. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I can put them on my credit card since each cabin will have their own credit card tied to their cabin.

It would probably be easier to just pay ahead, but I am just concerned if I pre-pay the gratuities the room attendant may not be as motivated since he/she already have their tip.

What do you think?

We have 4 cabins on FOS January 6. I am paying the gratuities for all the cabins. I could either pre-pay them ahead of time. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I can put them on my credit card since each cabin will have their own credit card tied to their cabin.

It would probably be easier to just pay ahead, but I am just concerned if I pre-pay the gratuities the room attendant may not be as motivated since he/she already have their tip.

What do you think?

If you want to pay yourself, then prepay. I doubt there's any difference in stateroom attendant motivation if you prepay.

What do you think?

Auto gratuities is the default and one should not second guess whether they get better or worse service by pre-paying. Assuming they know who pre-paid or not, which I doubt they know, the other side of the coin is that they could give you better service because they know you are not one of those passengers who go off and remove gratuities on the last day.

So many passengers pre-pay anyway, including those who choose gratuities as one of the perks.

I always leave auto gratuities in place and then give them more in envelopes to those who have done an excellent job in providing the service. TIP FREELY! It is good for health.

Auto gratuities is the default and one should not second guess whether they get better or worse service by pre-paying. Assuming they know who pre-paid or not, which I doubt they know, the other side of the coin is that they could give you better service because they know you are not one of those passengers who go off and remove gratuities on the last day.

So many passengers pre-pay anyway, including those who choose gratuities as one of the perks.

I always leave auto gratuities in place and then give them more in envelopes to those who have done an excellent job in providing the service. TIP FREELY! It is good for health.

Also, Gratuities are suppose to increase starting Jan 2nd by $1/pp per day. But if you pay before you board you wil be grandfathered into the old price. Call RCCL or your TA to prepay.

Carla