Question for those with Sprint on Bahamas cruise!!

Hi! So it looks like I can use the free Sprint Global Roaming plan on my 4 night Enchantment cruise. Does anyone know how the sprint service is on Nassau or cococay? Also do I need Voom to make calls/text/use facebook on board? There are no cell towers in the ocean I guess. Just want to see if I can get away with not buying voom and still having service just in case!

Don't know about the Sprint Global plan but there are cell towers on the ocean, on the ship actually. It is called Cellular at Sea but rates for using data are very high and the Sprint plan probably does not cover usage onboard. It may be cheaper to buy Voom and if your phone supports wifi calling, then you will be able to call, text and Facebook over Voom with no extra charges.

Don't know about the Sprint Global plan but there are cell towers on the ocean, on the ship actually. It is called Cellular at Sea but rates for using data are very high and the Sprint plan probably does not cover usage onboard. It may be cheaper to buy Voom and if your phone supports wifi calling, then you will be able to call, text and Facebook over Voom with no extra charges.

Sprint does support WiFi calling and we use that with Voom. While on the island we usually just leave the WiFi on.

What is the Sprint Global Plan? Haven't heard of that before.

Hi! So it looks like I can use the free Sprint Global Roaming plan on my 4 night Enchantment cruise. Does anyone know how the sprint service is on Nassau or cococay? Also do I need Voom to make calls/text/use facebook on board? There are no cell towers in the ocean I guess. Just want to see if I can get away with not buying voom and still having service just in case!

No cell coverage on Coco Cay.

Sprint Global is free calling and texts from several international countries, and there's also a small free data allowance too. I have it activated but didn't need to call or text anyone while we were on vacation in order to test it out!

Sprint global was great. We’ve used it in the Caribbean as well as Australia and New Zealand. We did buy an internet package on the ship and then we were on Sprint Wi-Fi. As long as we were on Sprint Wi-Fi, we could make as many calls as we wanted, anywhere we wanted.

In the ports, we were charged $.20 a minute for any calls that we made.

We had free texts and free slower data everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We purchased the deluxe drink package bundled with Voom surf & stream so this is very good news that Sprint WiFi calling works over Voom!

I was in London a couple of weeks ago and used Sprint Global Roaming. Phone calls were 20¢ per minute with texts and 2G data at no extra charge. I paid the $5 per day fee for 4G speeds. Well worth the price for me.