Am I being really thick?

sxphil

WHY are you worried about this?

You go to the pier, you tell the porter what your cabin number is; they tag your bag. YOU TIP THEM and stop worrying about it. The alternative: carrying everything on yourself.

The mailed booklets with document tags went away years ago. Since then, DW and I do the long lost “Doc Dance” around the printer as our tags print out. It’s not that we’re worried, it’s just a mini milestone that gets us pumped up for the cruise so we enjoy it... having to scavenge around the website would take some of the fun out of it.

We’ve never carried our bags on and we’ve never had a porter do our tags (except that one time we booked just 24 hrs before boarding ). So there are alternatives despite your obnoxious contention to the contrary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The mailed booklets with document tags went away years ago. Since then, DW and I do the long lost “Doc Dance” around the printer as our tags print out. It’s not that we’re worried, it’s just a mini milestone that gets us pumped up for the cruise so we enjoy it... having to scavenge around the website would take some of the fun out of it.

We’ve never carried our bags on and we’ve never had a porter do our tags (except that one time we booked just 24 hrs before boarding ). So there are alternatives despite your obnoxious contention to the contrary.

Totally agree! :D

I let the porter put the tags on for me . Just show him a copy and he writes out the tag .

Oh ya, he appreciates the five bucks for making two tags also.

I never had to wait for a porter either .There are lots of them.

Works for me and the porter.

I let the porter put the tags on for me . Just show him a copy and he writes out the tag .

Oh ya, he appreciates the five bucks for making two tags also.

I never had to wait for a porter either .There are lots of them.

Works for me and the porter.

We also tip the porter...even though we already have clearly printed color tags (two per bag) on each checked piece. ;)

On our last RCI cruise the actual luggage tags showed up around 45 days before the cruise. Wait for that one because it is in color with all the info. I put them on our luggage before we leave home and in 37 cruises and flying to most, I've never had a problem with that. Since you can't get into the cabins now until 1:00, we check our carry-ons along with our large bag with the porter at the terminal.

Click here for my Serenade of the Seas Review:. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2576467

I usually print my luggage tags at the earliest opportunity. Then a week before the cruise, I can’t find them so I print them again.

We generally fly to the departure port a day or two before and while I’m sitting on the plane I realize I’ve left the tag folder on my desk.

So finally, I have the hotel business center print them for me in black and white.

This has worked for me for several years!

I am terrible about printing and losing luggage tags. So now I print them to a .pdf file and store them in a directory for that particular cruise. Then I can just go print them again if I lose them. :D

I tag my bags when I print them out...they are just hanging out in the closet until we pack anyway. They get all excited when I do that since they know they are coming out for another adventure soon.;p:cool:

The rare times we fly to a port, I keep them already in the plastic sleeves with a few zip ties in with my cruise paperwork. Then when we collect the bags at the airport I put them on before we hail a taxi.