A couple of questions about two different upcoming cruises

meandralph

We are lucky enough to get to take three totally different cruises in 2018. Though we have been on all three ships before, they now have different ports and itineraries.

First, Freedom in January. Do they offer walk disembarkation off on this ship?

Jewel out of San Juan, how much is cab service to and from the airport to port? Or are the transfers from RCCL a better price? Liberty out of Galveston, same question about cab, transfer etc. We are thinking of driving to Galveston, what are parking options ?

Thanks for any input.

When are you cruising on Jewel? RCI has been offering a free shuttle between the airport and the cruise terminal due to the hurricane damage. I THINK they are still offering it but not sure how much longer. Personally, free or not, I would stay away from the shuttle. When you take the shuttle you have to wait for it to fill up and then you have to wait with the heard when you all arrive at the cruise terminal at the same time. A taxi will be much quicker and you won't have to deal with the heard. As someone else mentioned, the taxi is only $20 plus $1 per bag.

We are lucky enough to get to take three totally different cruises in 2018. Though we have been on all three ships before, they now have different ports and itineraries.

First, Freedom in January. Do they offer walk disembarkation off on this ship?

Jewel out of San Juan, how much is cab service to and from the airport to port? Or are the transfers from RCCL a better price? Liberty out of Galveston, same question about cab, transfer etc. We are thinking of driving to Galveston, what are parking options ?

Thanks for any input.

We are sailing out of Galveston in September. I just made parking reservations at Park n Cruise. It is supposed to be just one block from the terminal and is gated parking. They also offer inside parking. The outside parking was $65 a week if you make your reservation and prepay.

When are you cruising on Jewel? RCI has been offering a free shuttle between the airport and the cruise terminal due to the hurricane damage. I THINK they are still offering it but not sure how much longer. Personally, free or not, I would stay away from the shuttle. When you take the shuttle you have to wait for it to fill up and then you have to wait with the heard when you all arrive at the cruise terminal at the same time. A taxi will be much quicker and you won't have to deal with the heard. As someone else mentioned, the taxi is only $20 plus $1 per bag.

Exactly. The shuttles are a PITA and usually cost more anyway.