Looking to book a solo cruise

Price31

NCL has several ships with studio cabins especially meant for solos. These are interior cabins and quite small at 100 sq ft., but unlike most interiors there is a "porthole" window that lets in ambient light from the hallway. One of the biggest benefits is the solo lounge and concierge who will arrange dinners and other events. You can join in on as many or few as you like.

Other cruise lines will offer select cabins (usually interiors) for either no or lower single supplement. Check out solo cruise boards here at cruise critic. I happened to see a Princess Canada/New England this fall with no single supplement. The itinerary has been on my wish list but the cost seemed prohibitive until that cruise.

There are other websites you can check out...none of which I can post here. Try searching solo cruises. Good luck and have fun!

Not sure what you mean by "solo options" as you can book just about any type of cabin you want provided you pay the solo supplement. In some cases it may be cheaper to book as a solo in a "regular" cabin rather than one built specifically for solos as size and location factor into pricing. You can look up a cruise that interests you and try a some mock bookings - one in a solo stateroom and one in a standard stateroom with a solo supplement. The prices might not be all that different.

NCL has a solo program but their "free style" dining would not be for me. By day 2 a group of extroverted new friends would be dining together and those who have more reserved personalities would be looking for company and/or dining alone. (In general NCL does not seat people together unless they walk into the dining room together.) I would therefore suggest that you look at the Solo Cruisers forum to see which lines and ships align with your vacation style and personality. One person's paradise can be another person's hell.

Now thatt my DH is gone, I sail solo. I find tthe cruise I want, pick tthe cabin I want book it and have to pay for two persons though I will occupy it alone. I don't look for ' solo cruises'.... I don't get the point of itt. I don't want one of the 'solo ' designed cabins.